Valued Contributor

Saturday a 20 piece set of Temptations dinnerware was on my wishlist for $59. Today the price jumped to $105! Since it’s September 2, and Temptations is made in China, I can only assume that this is the results of tariffs. Needless to say, my wishlist (and purchases) will be dwindling.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Again w/the tafiffs.

Now we blame every problem we have on the tariffs.

Trusted Contributor

Quite frankly I'm sick of buying stuff made in China.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Again w/the tafiffs.

Well, this does seem fairly obvious.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Ouch....tariffs?

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Again w/the tafiffs.

Well, this does seem fairly obvious.

@QVCkitty1, yes, and no one is attributing every problem on tariffs, just the problems that DO relate to tariffs.

As for being sick of everything from China, that is a simplistic and unrealistic point of view. Not only do we import so much of what we use every day; we also import extremely important technical products and necessary rare earth minerals.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Oh believe me. I don’t blame every problem on the tariffs!

Regular Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Quite frankly I'm sick of buying stuff made in China.

Absolutely. I value my money and I want the BEST quality I can afford and I tend to focus on the long term. If I can purchase an item preferably M-I-A I do it because in my experiences I get a better product. If that route isn't available, I go down the list fo other foreign nations with solid manufacturing. China is towards the bottom TBH.

Honored Contributor

We know that item was purchased by QVC  sometime ago and has been in QVC's warehouse before the tariffs.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ouch....tariffs?

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:
Again w/the tafiffs.

Not everything, but much because it's true.  The tariffs are real. Manufacturers are charged more. Manufacturers and those down the line will charge more. We will pay more. Businesses will not allow their profits to be cut into. We will pay.

In addition, many companies are raising prices preemptively.  Some use it as an excuse to price-gouge. 

Wall Street and Companies don't like uncertainty and volatility. It's no secret. 

ETA

I find QVC to be as bad as Amazon, though, with arbitrarily changing prices for any given item, sometimes twice in one day.  Could just be that -- their SOP.

Esteemed Contributor

While I agree that is a big jump, August was the "31 days of Temp-tations".  Maybe it was a promotional price.

Cogito ergo sum