Respected Contributor

Original Croissants Question

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if QVC still sells the croissants in the size that they came In when they first arrived?  I recently completed an A/D plan for 'large' croissants and when I ordered them, I thought I was getting the original size, but they were smaller than the originals.  They seem to be getting smaller and smaller, much to my dismay.

The original size was perfect, IMO.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Re: Original Croissants Question

I also thought that they had gotten smaller, but as they are now, they are just fine with me.

I tried the jumbo croissants # M51593, but they were too big for me.  Perhaps you want to try those?

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Clem, I'll check out the item number you posted.  I don't know why QVC started messing with the sizes.  The original size was perfect and they sold really well.  Now I don't know which ones to order, as some of the item numbers don't state the size.  The minis are cute, but to charge over $50.00 for a bag of them is highway robbery.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just checked out the video for the jumbo croissants.  They are definitely larger than the original size, as David said that it was the first time that QVC ever offered a size this large.  They might be better for me, though, as I thought that the 'large' ones were a bit too small.  I'll give them a try.

Also, I remember that the original croissants tasted much more buttery.  There was no doubt that they were made with real butter, but the ones that I received in my last A/D plan were not nearly as buttery.

I hope that QVC will bring back the original ones in the original recipe and label them as such so that buyers know what they're getting.