Super Contributor

OT How do we post photos here?

How do we post photos here.. Step by step appreciated..

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OT How do we post photos here?

The photo you want to post will have to already be on the internet somewhere. If you have a photo you want to post, and it's not online, it will have to be stored somewhere like flikr or photobucket.

Do you understand what I mean?

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

The photo you want to post will have to already be on the internet somewhere. If you have a photo you want to post, and it's not online, it will have to be stored somewhere like flikr or photobucket.

A bit but if it is posted somewhere how do you get it to show up here.. Step by step ?

Honored Contributor

Click on the image icon (tree). Enter the image URL into the box labeled Image URL. Make sure you see the image in the Preview box. Click Insert.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes you can just copy and paste, like this:

16.5 Ceramic Hurricane with Flameless Candle by Valerie

Just right-click the image, "copy image," then, in the "post a reply" box, right-click and "paste." If that's not possible, the other method is only slightly more complicated.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/15/2015 4uthebest said:

A bit but if it is posted somewhere how do you get it to show up here.. Step by step ?

Go to the photo.

Right-click on it.

You will get options.

"Copy Image Location" - when you get to that, just left-click on it. You now have the URL.

Come back here. Under Post a Reply, go to the 5th icon, the one that looks like a TV screen. A box will open up.

Right-click into each box.

This should transfer the image (the url) into the box.

Go to the left bottom side of the box, and click "Insert."

Your photo should show.

The last icon on Post A Reply is the preview button, you can click that to check and make sure it's showing up.

That should get your image posted.

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 ValuSkr said:

Sometimes you can just copy and paste, like this:

16.5 Ceramic Hurricane with Flameless Candle by Valerie

Just right-click the image, "copy image," then, in the "post a reply" box, right-click and "paste." If that's not possible, the other method is only slightly more complicated.

If the picture is online somewhere, this easy method has never failed me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

suzyQ3, I actually didn't know you could just paste it in - LOL! Much easier. Bwahahaha............figures I'd be doing it the HARD WAY.

I feel pretty silly. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Do you know, I just tried that and it won't work with my browser? I use Firefox. I have to go through those steps.............I also can't paste a link in, I have to go through the steps.....

Honored Contributor

Do you know, I just tried that and it won't work with my browser? I use Firefox. I have to go through those steps.............I also can't paste a link in, I have to go through the steps.....

I use FF. I never have a problem. Try this:

1) Right-click on the image you want to copy and click on "copy image."

2) In your comment box where you want the photo to show up, use Ctrl V. Your pic should appear.

Image result for yorkies

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland