Valued Contributor

Need recipe ideas - Vitamix on Christmas morning!

Hi all! Santa is bringing our family a Vitamix on Christmas morning. I think it'd be fun to have some ingredients on hand that we could all make something fun for breakfast using it! Does anyone have any creative ideas? Smoothies, muffins, pancakes - anything you've tried that might make a fun Christmas breakfast/brunch! We are also getting the dry container. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Need recipe ideas - Vitamix on Christmas morning!

Definitely make smoothies! Also, I hate seeing white things in my eggs. I blend my raw eggs in my vitamix before pouring them in the pan. Also helps to make them light and fluffy.
Trusted Contributor

Festive holiday leftover smoothie: a piece of pumpkin pie, ( crust incuded), egg nog, whipped cream. Yum!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've made the apple pancakes several times with my Vitamix and love it.  I'm not a coffee drinker but, if you are, making one of the coffee drinks with peppermint might be a nice way to break it in too.  Smoothies are a bit cold for me in the winter but I always liked buying a big bag of frozen fruit and yogurt in the summer time.  Pick what you like, throw it in with some ice and there you go.  

The dry container I use to make my bread crumbs for chicken cutlets.  I actually buy Fiber One and grind it up and it works very nicely.  I also buy fresh parmesan and make my own cheese for pasta too (wet container).

My absolute favorite recipe so far and I actually made it for lunch today is the broccoli cheese soup.  All you need is milk, broccoli, a bit of a bouillon cube and shredded cheese.  It's light and creamy and I like it especially after all that heavy Christmas food. 

Congratulations on your new machine!

ETA:  Banana bread.  I made this so much I had to stop.  Very easy and bakes quickly.  If you like banana bread (and I'm not much on bananas but I did like this), it's a quick mix and bake and keeps about 3-4 days if you have any leftovers.

Super Contributor

Ice cream

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want to make smoothies for breakfast search Christmas smoothies online & you will find a bunch of recipes so you can buy the ingredients you think your family will like.

If you like Eggnog you can make some of that.

Super Contributor

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Ingredients

• 1 cup (240 ml) skim or low fat milk
  • 1/2 cup (38 g) shredded low fat cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups (195 g) broccoli or cauliflower, fresh or frozen, steamed
  • 1 teaspoon diced onion
  • 1/2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cube

Directions

1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
  2. Select Variable 1.
  3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
  4. Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.

Serve over additional steamed broccoli pieces. (optional)

This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK