Trusted Contributor

Nutrisystem teaches you portion control, most people are on it for a short period of time and move on to fixing their own meals. I have many friends who have lost their weight using Nutrisystem and have kept the weight off. They even have kept some of the plastic containers to remind themselves of how much they can eat.  It is expensive but not meant to be a lifelong program. If it helps people loose weight and live healthier and longer than I am glad QVC provides it for those who need it.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino

@heart of savino wrote:

Tried this food for 2 months and it is the worst.just a waste of money.lost about 5 lbs mostly because i threw up after eating it.

If you threw up after eating it, why did you continue for two months? I would have stopped using it after a couple of meals throwing up. Throwing up for all three meals a day for two full months doesn't make sense to me.

Respected Contributor

Yes - posted this before.  I began Nutrisystem back when it first came out decades ago.  Back then you had to go to a clinic like setting.  There you had to attend meetings about your triggers and things that bother you - -  and once a month they drew blood.  Back then there were fears about it throwing your electrolytes off balance, food was in foil packages you opened and added water and microwave.  I lost a lot of weight but I stopped bc it was expensive AND the food tasted horrible.   

I can't speak to what the food tastes like today but at some point I realized that for me, Weight Watchers was the better option bc it's REAL food.  What I don't get - if you want the same convenience you can always go to the grocery store and buy/eat Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers and other frozen meals there - - often cheaper bc those go on sale.  

Honored Contributor

@Silkeej wrote:

Nutrisystem teaches you portion control, most people are on it for a short period of time and move on to fixing their own meals. I have many friends who have lost their weight using Nutrisystem and have kept the weight off. They even have kept some of the plastic containers to remind themselves of how much they can eat.  It is expensive but not meant to be a lifelong program. If it helps people loose weight and live healthier and longer than I am glad QVC provides it for those who need it.  Heart

Like you, Silkeei, I have friends who have gone on NutriSystem and lost weight. One girlfriend lost over 100 pounds. I am sure that losing 100 pounds is better than not. She liked it because it was easy to follow and convenient.  I am glad that NutriSystem works for some people.

Honored Contributor

@Emmie1165 wrote:

I LOVE David, and ITKWD...but I had to turn it off just now with the Nutri System presentation.  I just can’t watch David or the presenter sell this TERRIBLE way to approach healthy eating and weight loss.  Just the thought of eating that prepackaged mess makes me lose my appetite.  I really wish QVC wouldn’t promote this garbage, or include it in David’s program.  Does any one else feel this way?  

@Emmie1165  I agree, it is processed, which no one should eat.  Once in a while wouldn't hurt, but to live on it is unimaginable.