Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker .Congratulations on your weight loss.  I'm happy this product worked for you.  Sadly, it doesn't work for everyone.  For many, once they go off the prepackaged food, the wright comes back.  That happened to my sil and the constant yoyo of weight took its toll on her heart.

For me moderation works.  Fruits, veggies, chicken, and fish give my plenty of variety.

What I don't like are claims that using this product will tighten your skin, tone your body, etc.  Exercise will do that even if you just walk.  For someone who has had some "work" done, who has professional makeup and hair people, who also sells fitness products to claim that all of the changes came from using this product just isn't the whole story.  If this product helps someone to drop weight, that's great.  However, you either have to eat this stuff forever or become disciplined with what you eat.

In life there is no quick fix to anything.

Respected Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@Mothertrucker .Congratulations on your weight loss.  I'm happy this product worked for you.  Sadly, it doesn't work for everyone.  For many, once they go off the prepackaged food, the wright comes back.  That happened to my sil and the constant yoyo of weight took its toll on her heart.

For me moderation works.  Fruits, veggies, chicken, and fish give my plenty of variety.

What I don't like are claims that using this product will tighten your skin, tone your body, etc.  Exercise will do that even if you just walk.  For someone who has had some "work" done, who has professional makeup and hair people, who also sells fitness products to claim that all of the changes came from using this product just isn't the whole story.  If this product helps someone to drop weight, that's great.  However, you either have to eat this stuff forever or become disciplined with what you eat.

In life there is no quick fix to anything.

Sorry, I didnt mean to imply that I lost weight on Nutrisystems..I did not..

I used very extreme (according to some) methods..but I agree that moderation is the key, and I DO lead a life of moderation now. But moderation alone could not have acheived what I did..though now it is  essential...

Trusted Contributor

@Emmie1165 wrote:

I LOVE David, and ITKWD...but I had to turn it off just now with the Nutri System presentation.  I just can’t watch David or the presenter sell this TERRIBLE way to approach healthy eating and weight loss.  Just the thought of eating that prepackaged mess makes me lose my appetite.  I really wish QVC wouldn’t promote this garbage, or include it in David’s program.  Does any one else feel this way?  

I don't feel that way.  QVC offers a wide variety of products that might not appeal to everyone.  That's why we have choices.  Just because I might not like or consider buying a product, I wouldn't expect them to not sell it.  They offer, we choose. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was curious and I read a list of what they send to you.  Seems what is included seems to be lots of snack bars over and over.  And the meals seem also to be not very appetizing.  If I were to follow THAT list as I see it I would not be happy and would not come back for more.  I imagine it works for some... proportion small.... but I could not keep it up over time.

Super Contributor

It was funny to see the two most overweight hosts on QVC(Carolyn and David) trying to get the rest of us to buy this weight loss gimmick.

I know they sell what they are given to sell, but if they convinced anyone to purchase Nutrisystem, they earned their money yesterday.

Regular Contributor

I agree, I had to turn off David yesterday.  I tried Nutri system.  Sorry Marie Osmond it is horrible and I can't believe QVC is promoting this horrible way of eating. Tons of additivies  The shakes made my stomach a mess and I did lose about 2 pounds but it wasn't worth the price.  FYI if you really want the program go to the Nutrisystem site and they split the cost in two payments.  Marie lost a lot of her weight when she was on Dancing with the Stars and she then went on the program.  She has trainers and people who can monitor her diet as well so I am not believing she has kept the weight off because of Nutri System.  Some of the callers even admit they go back on the program after a few months because they gain some of the weight back.    QVC needs to quit hyping Nutrisystem.  The only reason I can think of that they promote them is they are based in Pennsylvania. 

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that this NutriBarf system is the ultimate money making scheme.  Processed, chemically enhanced "food" and a plan that will make people lose weight.  They go off the plan and gain it back.  Then they go back on because they were so happy they lost weight the first time.  And on it goes...

Keep 'em coming back!!

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I respect Marie Osmond for working hard all her life, personally and professionally, but I can't change the channel fast enough when she comes on.  I was watching just long enough today to hear her say that her skin tightened up because she's healthy now, she used to have "jowls" and now they're gone. She and I are about the same age, and I don't believe that her looks are natural.  If the system works for some people, then I'm happy for them, but I think she's being dishonest. 

ETA: If any of what we post is used as feedback for the hosts and producers, I'd like to add that the long TSV presentations, especially when they are not kitchen related, are losing customers.  I turn off the set and usually forget to turn it back on.  I doubt if I'm the only one.

@house_cat ..... I so agree with you .... when she said her skin got tighter  & her jowls disappeared after she lost weight I almost choked on my coffee ... who does she think she’s kidding ....she has had so much face & body work done to herself .... her dress was so tight & when she stood sideways you could  see how tight it was around her middle body .... she must have poured herself into her dresses with the help of lots of tight undergarments to keep it all in .... I’m surprised she was able to breathe ... she is such a phony I can’t watch her for more than a few minutes!!!! 🤮

Honored Contributor

I recorded ITKWD  and when it came to Nutrisystem I turned it off and deleted the show.  I like David, but his shows are getting so boring.  Wednesday night will be full of TT since I think it is the TSV.  I have more than enough pieces (which I love), but I know the quality is no longer good so won't be buying any for gifts.

Valued Contributor

Tried this food for 2 months and it is the worst.just a waste of money.lost about 5 lbs mostly because i threw up after eating it.