Respected Contributor

This machine weighs 25 pounds.  Even Rick last night seemed surprised as he hoisted the black and white to show it off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ninja Foodie

[ Edited ]

I guess it depends on what you eat and how you use appliances.  We have an air fryer (a really nice Philips one) but rarely use it because we just don't eat "fried" food that often.  So for us it wouldn't make sense to get one.

We use our Instant Pots all the time (3 and 6 quarts) all the time, but they aren't that bulky and don't weight a lot.  I don't know when we have used a slow cooker.   We use the rice cooker several times a week for rice and for steel cut oats.  AND we use our bread maker several times a week.

Appliances we use most:  Vitamix, Nespresso espresso and cappuccino machine, yogurt maker, toaster.  We also have a little egg cooker that we love and use often because the shells always come off quickly. 

I have no problem using the oven because I don't think it really heats up the kitchen much--self cleaning ones are so well insulated now days. 

Honored Contributor

Couple of questions, 

1.  Can you do desserts, like cheesecakes, in the Foodie?  I have only been able to watch a partial presentation and didn't see that done, and I'm not PC savy.

2.  Wonder if they will eventually come out with a yogurt option?

I'm actually holding off since I'm new to pressure cooking and need to learn a bit more before making that investment.  Maybe by the time I'm ready it'll be new and improved.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I need a pressure cooker.  I'm home all day and don't need to rush through making dinner.  If I were to buy a Foodie, it would be at QVC to get the color I wanted.  I am so happy with my air fryer I think that is all I need.  I do have two rice cookers and two slow cookers also.   

Respected Contributor

@SharkE Biscuits can be made in the air-fryer. I have the Power XL and I just bake mine on the divider rack laying flat. It you don't have a divider rack just use a thin baking pan and may have to turn biscuit over to brown the other side for a few minutes. So the extra money for that is crazy, or just use your toaster oven. Just don't give appliances away until your sure it lasts. I never would. And I think it's cumbersome. with the unattachable lid.Just asking for a burn to happen. Think before you jump with their pressure sale tactics.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess And new and improved is what ? Every 2 weeks. I;m Going back to the 80's when life seem less complicated to me. And I never even had a slow cooker, or a stand mixer. And I was raising a family and I god by just fine. And I didn't even have AC in my house. Lazy is what we have become. Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup is still just fine to me. I have no where to put my appliances now to clean my counters easily." STOP ALL THE Madness" !!

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou, IDK, but if you don't like your appliances, get rid of them.  Nobody's making you use them.  I don't see it so much as laziness.  You still have to do all the prep work, which is really what I hate about cooking.  But, it may free you up to do other things, or maybe you're just too tired from all those hours of yardwork you were doing to cook an entire meal.  To each his own.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ninja Foodie

[ Edited ]

When I viewed the presentation everything looked dried out. I was not impressed. I have a Ninja Food Air Fryer and love it. It has a dehydrator, roasts and reheat function. It works great. I wonder if people realize how many recipes you can do in an air fryer.  I have found many recipes. They have all been delicious. I am not tempted to buy this appliance.  I was reading some ratings on Amazon and they made some interesting comments.

Honored Contributor

This is too heavy for me and I don't think I need the pressure cooker feature.  Pressure cook and then reset to brown?    I love my air fryer.  For those that say they don't eat fried food, I don't consider what I make in my air fryer "fried food."  I've used about 1/2 tsp. of oil in it once.  I consider it more like broiling/frying as the grease from the meat (if any) drains away.   Love mine and it is the Power XL from QVC.  I use it several times a week--no failures and I don't have an air fryer cookbook.  The presets  work great for me and I either add or subtract a minute or two if I think my item is on the thin or thick side or if the item may be slightly frozen.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess Some of us just don't ditch things And I never said I didn't like what I have , I just stated there is only some much room to use before it becomes to uncomfortable to cook . Counter space is neede to prepare food. I like the foodi concept just don't have room to keep adding, and I'm not going to mess up my budget to have to keep replacing.