Occasional Visitor

Next Big Thing Cut Short.....

I just watched the winner, Yair Reiner, of the NBC Next Big Thing Contest around 10:15 am EST on Sat. Morning Q. I was really interested in watching the crowned winner demonstate, answer questions about his winning invention the "Fry Wall".  Instead the demo was rushed and when David V. said the advanced orders were "sold out" the presentation was immediately cut short to go into the next presentation.  Mr. Reiner barely had time to demo his product which was a shame as it seemed like they had several nice kitchen sets for him to physically demonstrate his product.  To Mr. Reiner's credit, he seemed to very comfortable in front of the camera.  We hope to see you again and next time QVC will provide you the time that you need to show your smart invention.

Respected Contributor

Re: Next Big Thing Cut Short.....

You might be able to find the video on "The Today Show": Keep on scrolling down.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A video and article about it can be viewed at thegrommet dot com.  And another at frywall dot com.

It looks promising, hope the price can come down after it has been on the market awhile.

Valued Contributor

You can also watch the Q video and order the product on waitlist.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not see the presentation today, but already there are two "reviews" from people who of course did not actually buy, try, and then review the product. Not sure how it will work, but at almost $50 after tax and shipping, I will never find out. I wonder who decides on these prices? That seems a little high to me.   

Honored Contributor

go to 'items recently aired' under 'Shop q vc TV' up on the upper right you can watch the video

Honored Contributor

@beachcomber29Apparently they gave him enough time that whatever he had already had manufactured sold out, so I assume he will be back as soon as he gets his manufacturers in line.  Now at least he knows that should be worthwhile for him.

I don't quite understand how inventors who are new to mass marketing would ever have enough money to produce the huge number of items they might need for a successful QVC big sellout.  Most of them have already invested lots of their time and money and really don't know whether they'll ever be able to sell what they've invented.