Trusted Contributor

That vine shopping network will be debuting a new mixer. #462-654. It's a top loading design similar to a Bosch. Pricing may be different tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Re: New kitchen item on Sunday

@Lacey1 wrote:

That vine shopping network will be debuting a new mixer. #462-654. It's a top loading design similar to a Bosch. Pricing may be different tomorrow.

Oh my goodness @Lacey1 what an interesting mixer!  I cannot wait for The Sizzle tomorrow to see this demo'd as I have never seen anything like this!

Honored Contributor

Strange looking machine.  Comes in horrible colors as do most of Evine's appliances.  Whatever happened to good old basic white?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

FYI: Bosch has a much more powerful motor.  800 w instead of 600.  If I wanted that style, I'd trust the Bosch name

Trusted Contributor

I will be interested in seeing the presentation, but I believe this will be an overpriced, underpowered piece of junk.

While the open-top design is nice, it has a less-powerful motor than a Bosch.  It is light weight (only 8 pounds) which is why it has suction cups on the bottom; kneading any sort of heavy dough would have this thing walking across the counter.  The motor (like the Bosch) appears to be driven with belts which are subject to breaking.

If you really want a mixer like this, save up for a Bosch.  Better yet, save up a little bit longer and get an Ankarsrum from Sweden (previously sold as Electrolux or Magic Mill).  It is a wonderful mixer, more powerful than the Bosch, has a large capacity, and is built like a tank.  The only thing is it goes for about $800.  Ihave one as well s three Kitchen Aid stand mixers, and i almost always go for the Ankarsrum when baking.

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness this is fun . . . watching Calamity Deb in the kitchen with the new appliance (please know I adore Deb Murray but she can be a handful when she's cooking).

The appliance looks interesting and if you only want to spend less than $100 may be worth a looksee.  I am not in the market for a mixer but I love watching kitchen shows.  What I noticed about this mixer that could potentially be a problem for me is that I am a bit on the short side and I have seen Deb twice now have to stop the mixer to ensure the attachment is on correctly and I'm not sure I have enough height in order to make sure I have used enough force to lock it in.  I do like the suction grips on the bottom so it stays put and I do like some of the colors.

I know Ina Gartner is going to be on ITKWD today and I hope I can stick around to watch her but if one of those Dyson's show up I am out of here . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I saw a brief presentation on this last night and think it's a pretty interesting mixer.  I believe many mixers are only 300 watts so 600 watts is nothing to sneeze at.  I know for myself, I just have no need for an $800 mixer or anything even close to that price.  Not sure I could have ever justified spending that much as a good Kitchen Aide has always performed great for me.  

I am more than willing to invest serious dollars on appliances that would make that great of a difference in my daily life ( ask my DH about my vacuum obsessions!! )  But if I can spend less money on an appliance that more than meets my needs, then why not?

I am not in the market for a new mixer but will be curious to see how well this new model type works for those who try it out.  It is pretty cool looking, imo anyway.

Trusted Contributor

The mixer sold out today. Some folks have already received theirs and so far-they love them!

New Contributor

Evine doesnt keep thier word

I ordered a multi cooker. From evine and had to send it back because it was not as descibed and wasn't what I wanted trying to get back my refund was like pulling hens teeth they sent me a email after calling them several times to assure me I would get back a full refund I on my got a portion back and they told me that after reviewing that they would not be giving me a full refund I asked them why they sent me a email telling me different they told me to forward the email to them and when I did it came back saying the email was rejected that was my last visit with them besides I thought mmost of their stuff is junk 

Honored Contributor

Haven't seen that one