Honored Contributor

cookie---I have been looking for new cookware too. I recently bought Curtis Stones Dura pan and I really like it. It is ceramic non stick that you can use metal utencils with. Also you can put it in the oven. It is a very nice weight, not too heavy but it feels sturdy. It has a grey, speckled interior and has gotten pretty good reviews.  I am looking for a set and think I will order it from eb*ay. Then I will toss out all the old QVC stuff with the black non stick junk.

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for your advice!  I will research them.  I hope they are not too expensive; but on the other hand, I don't want to keep buying pots every 3 years.  I may as well invest into a good set!  : )

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for your input!!  : )

Super Contributor

I know what you mean about the sets.  I still have not decided, but I will make my mind up before the after Thanksgiving sales end next week.  Decisions, decisions......I will take your advice and start out with particular pieces.  Although I love matching sets, I don't mind mix and match in order to get my cooking done tastefully and the right way.  I have so much advice from everyone!  I really appreciate everyone's expertise.  My Mother had mix and match pieces and her food was awesome!!  My brother bought her a set of pots one year for Christmas.  Thank you so much!!  By the way, I am next door to you in Louisiana!  : )

I guess I will say I am deep in the heart of the bayous and swamp!  : ) 

Super Contributor

Thanks!!  I will have to start watching Curtis Stone again when he is on HSN.  I will check it out!  : ) 

I am glad you found something that you love!  Please let me know once you purchase your set.  I am excited to know what you have decided to get!  : )

I've never ordered anything from ebay.  I always do Amazon.  I will check out ebay tonight before I log off my computer.  Thanks again for the info!

Honored Contributor

Hi Cookie--well I did find a 13 piece Curtis Stone Durapan set that I ordered over 10 days ago----and still don't have it, grrrrrr---from a site called Daily Sale. Was in the same color as the 2 Dura pans I ordered from H*SN. Got a really good price than from ebay and an extra $15 off too. Plus free shipping and no tax. Came to $124. but it hasn't shipped yet, which drives me insane. That may make me decide not to use this website again.

Super Contributor

Wow!  That is not good.  Have you contacted them?