Respected Contributor

Re: Need Dishwand Without Soap Dispenser

[ Edited ]

If all  you need is a rinse-off of food on plates before putting  in the dishwasher, my system works great for me without any accessory except a wet paper towel and some diluted dish soap.

I keep a foaming  squirt bottle (which once held Dial antibacterial hand soap) near the sink that holds some diluted Dawn blue liquid.

I squirt the dish-- or any piece of  cookware that can't go into the dishwasher-- with a little diluted detergent, then quickly or after a brief soak, rub with the wet paper towel and rinse off the suds.  I also use a lot of aluminum foil on baking sheets to avoid washing at all.

By all means, let's keep  aluminum foil suppliers in business because I refuse to be a slave at the sink!!  And may I be granted my wish that my dishwasher never dies (although I know better).

Actually having to SCRUB anything is not in my  usual playbook.

Honored Contributor

I use a Dawn Dish and Glass Puff that I ordered from Amazon.  Durable and no soap dispenser.

Honored Contributor

I heard just yesterday you should not rinse off your dishes,before putting in the dishwasher.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

My manual says don't rinse. I tried it, and it works. 

Honored Contributor

I gave up on finding what I want and bought Sponge Brite gentle sponges.  My manual also says not to rinse, but I don't trust that to work.  I only run my dishwasher a couple of times a week and don't want them sitting in there with food on them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Whether to rinse off food residue first might depend on how your particular dishwasher model works.

Some are made to actually grind up and drain away food residue during the wash cycle.

My machine requires removing the filter every now and then and cleaning out anything accumulated on it.  No food grinding happens.

Honored Contributor

i dont care what my model says, i am definitely a rinser.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein