Honored Contributor

Need Dishwand Without Soap Dispenser

I've used Scrub Daddys for a long time.  I don't think they're as good as they were originally.  I have to throw them away too often.  

I would like to find a dishwand (with a sponge, not a brush) without a soap dispenser.  I just need to use it as I'm putting my dishes in the dishwasher.  I've searched on Amazon and online in general and can't find one.  I did find one for glassware only, but I want to use it for all of my dishes.  

Do these exist?  I'm thinking that I may just buy one with the soap dispenser and not put soap in it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Need Dishwand Without Soap Dispenser

@NickNack wrote:

I've used Scrub Daddys for a long time.  I don't think they're as good as they were originally.  I have to throw them away too often.  

I would like to find a dishwand (with a sponge, not a brush) without a soap dispenser.  I just need to use it as I'm putting my dishes in the dishwasher.  I've searched on Amazon and online in general and can't find one.  I did find one for glassware only, but I want to use it for all of my dishes.  

Do these exist?  I'm thinking that I may just buy one with the soap dispenser and not put soap in it.

That's what I was going to suggest.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack    Not that it helps you at all, but somehow, probably an AD offer, I amassed a collection of the big bricks of Scrub Daddy material so I've been cutting them into squares.  I don't do lots of heavy scrubing with them so I think I have enough squares to last for years. I run my dishwasher only twice a week and there's always a square or two tucked somewhere on the top rack.

A friend who didn't realize I had that stash bought  something that looked relatively similar at Dollar Tree.   After a few uses, I discarded each one.   Any real germaphobe most likely would have tossed them even sooner than I did.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  I do like that you can put Scrub Daddys in the dishwasher like you said.  I have other sponges for my bathrooms and kitchen counters that I can wash in the washing machine.  I bought them at QVC a long time ago, and they're great.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

r diRe: Need Dishwand Without Soap Dispenser

for dishes i use scotch-brite dobie.  

Respected Contributor

Google: Compac Dishwand

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack 

That would probably make the most sense and be easiest to do.

What I find surprising is how many different tools they have come up with to wash dishes.  The dollar stores and Walmart have gadgets galore.

And get this .... my sister, who lives on the east coast has a thing for scrubbers.  Her all-time favorite scrubber is one I routinely buy at the 99 cents store in LA .... and I send her 4 a year because she can't find anything like it where she is!  

Honored Contributor

dish brushes.jpg

set of 4, $11, 

SetSail Dish Brush Set of 4 with Bottle Brush, Dish Scrub Brush with Long Handle Deep Cleaning Handle Brush with Scraper Tip

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

oops, ignore my post. LOL i forgot you did not want brushes, but rather a sponge.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Scrub Buddies Dish Cleaning Sponges, Blue/YellowScrub Buddies dish cleaning sponges. @NickNack