Esteemed Contributor
On 7/5/2014 kivah said:

I grew up on the lower east side of NYC. I remember there was a small knish store there - and they also sold potato-nik. I remember going to Coney Island and getting those great hot dogs & fries & at Nathan's. I've been in southern California for many years - and can't find anything to compare.

Yonah Schimmel is still there, just a block or two from Katz's! I grew up on Mrs Stahls knishes - but they closed down for good several years back. They were the absolute best!!

Respected Contributor

Knish lovers, rejoice! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I found a place that ships them, and the price (and shipping) is reasonable. Bookmark this site!

I don't think they'll ship in July & August, though - last year they sent an email and said they couldn't, but maybe second day is an option (albeit an expensive one) if you can't wait. I usually get mine via regular UPS.

Don't forget to get the Sabrett mustard to go with them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

I live in Brooklyn NY and literally a 10 minute drive from Nathans.. Believe it or not I hardly go there,but I buy the frozen fries all the time. They are not as good,but good in a pinch..A few weeks ago I wanted the REAL NATHANS FRIES..so we took a quick drive over to nathans and I had my craving filled..MMMMMMMMMMMM

Respected Contributor
On 7/6/2014 Alexa6352 said:

I live in Brooklyn NY and literally a 10 minute drive from Nathans.. Believe it or not I hardly go there,but I buy the frozen fries all the time. They are not as good,but good in a pinch..A few weeks ago I wanted the REAL NATHANS FRIES..so we took a quick drive over to nathans and I had my craving filled..MMMMMMMMMMMM

Isn't it funny how we don't take advantage of the places near us when we can? When I lived on the other side of Brooklyn, I'd occasionally go to Junior's. When I moved to Brooklyn Heights and could walk there, I never went - now I wish I had.

As for Nathan's, I also loved their clam chowder! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

JUST HAD SOME A WEEK AGO......VERY GOOD ....MUCH BETTER THAN ORE IDA