Respected Contributor

Rangemaster: some simple guidelines for cooking.

I tossed some asparagus in oil and ginger soysauce. Grilled for ten minutes (my microwave is not powerful.) Delicious! I'm going to try grilling onions today.

Please share some times for simple items. I cook very simply; I don't do recipes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rangemaster: some simple guidelines for cooking.

I'm surprised no one responded. What about putting frozen veggies in grill and frozen chicken sausages?

Super Contributor

I am a gardener and have tons of tomatoes. I take one of the green beefsteak tomatoes and slice it fairly thick, drizzle some olive oil and put a couple of pinches of Progreso Italian bread crumbs on top with salt and pepper. I put it in for about 5 min. Wonderful! I have found that if I prewarm the rangemate it takes less time and i get better grill marks.

Love that thing. Best think ever for one/two people.

Respected Contributor

That sounds wonderful. Fried green tomatos!

I'm confused about preheating. On TV she reheated but recipe book says not to put in empty. Do you put oil on grill when you preheat?

Super Contributor

I've used mine just a couple times so far for grilling vegetables. First time they came out perfect, second time they didn't brown and I think it's because I used too much olive oil. I'll be using it more now, I just love it. But I'm also confused about when to preheat it and when not to. So far I haven't.

Respected Contributor

I think you must have at least oil in the pan when preheating? I still haven't used mine yet.