Esteemed Contributor

NEW = Blue Jean Chef back on 3/14/21

The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence, has confirmed that she will have a full-hour show featuring her new product line on Sunday, March 14, at 10 a.m. ET as part of the all-day cooking event at QVC. The show will be hosted by Carolyn Gracie and will include products such as the following (if you visit bluejeanchef.com/shop, you can see more photos):

Blue Jean Chef® 3-piece Knife Set

Every cook needs good knives in the kitchen, which is why I decided to launch the Blue Jean Chef® brand with a set of knives. The set includes an 8-inch Chef’s knife, which will be your best friend in the kitchen and the workhorse for all your meal prep. For the smaller jobs, a 3-inch paring knife is the perfect tool for the job. The last knife in the set is a 7-inch Nakiri knife with grooves along the side of the blade. This knife gives you a straight cut, but the grooves help prevent food from sticking to the blade.

RETAILER DESCRIPTION

Blue Jean Chef Fully Forged Cutlery Set. The 3-piece knife set includes a 3″ Paring Knife with Sheath, a 7″ Grooved Nakiri Knife with Sheath and an 8″ Chef’s Knife with Sheath. These uniquely designed knives are fully forged from the tip of the blade to the end of the fully enclosed tang for superior strength and durability. Thoughtful soft touch handles resist slipping while the thick bolster in the center provides a natural balance while cutting.

The challenge to making a sheet pan dinner is twofold – having enough room for all the food you need AND being able to easily add food to the pan in stages. This set starts with a BIG sheet pan that will efficiently uses the rack space in any standard 30-inch oven. Then, three pans (one medium and two smaller pans) fit onto that sheet pan perfectly so that you can add different parts of your meal to the oven in timed stages. PLUS… all these pans work perfectly on their own too! The non-stick releases food like a dream and the thickness of the pan and rolled edges mean you’ll never hear your pan warp as it heats up.

RETAILER DESCRIPTION

Easily prepare delicious meals for your family with this smartly designed 4-piece Sheet Pan Dinner Set from the Blue Jean Chef®. Three baking pans nestle neatly into the 18″ x 13″ sheet pan, allowing you to create multiple dishes simultaneously without intermingling flavors. One end of each baking pan is extended to form a convenient handle, making it easy to add and/or remove foods that require different baking/roasting times. Each baking pan can stand on its own so you can use one or any combination of baking pans to fit your needs. The sheet pan’s rolled edges will help resist warping, even under heavy loads. The Quantanium nonstick surfaces of your Sheet Pan Dinner Set allows food to release easily, making clean-up a breeze. While all pieces of the Sheet Pan Dinner Set were designed to be used together as a set, each piece can be used independently. The baking pans work well for baking breads or cakes while the sheet pan is great for an array of tasks, such as baking cookies, breads, pastries or pizzas. Available in Blue, Red or Gray.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW = Blue Jean Chef back on 3/14/21

Those pans interest me. Not necessarily for sheet pan dinners, but for other baking.  I need to watch the demo.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To kick off the product launch, Meredith will also make appearances on Instagram and Facebook earlier in the week with some of her QVC friends:

Esteemed Contributor

I have always enjoyed her presentations. She is a very skilled chef and I think her products will sell well. I enjoy her Instagram and email accounts. She has great recipes and videos too. Her dogs are adorable also. Congratulations to her! 

Trusted Contributor

With a whole hour, I wonder what else she's got for us? I like her presentations and always learn something from them. I almost never watch the live channel, but I may tune in to this one. I'm pretty curious about that odd-looking rectangular knife.

Trusted Contributor

On her website she has one of those thermometers like Curtis Stone has that you shake and insert it in the meat. When you click to buy, it takes you to Amazon. I tried to see the price of the knives but that wasn't available yet. They look really interesting and pretty. I am so glad to see her come back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ - Meredith only added the two new items for her Blue Jean Chef line to her website yesterday; the other items she features in her "SHOP" section are her general recommendations for kitchen gadgets and cookware based on her blogs and recipes that she has shared.

Respected Contributor

Haven't changed my mind.  Like her and her presentations.  Wouldn't touch anytning in "her line".  The stuff is made in "far away places with strange sounding names". Too bad she couldn't break the "let's make it offshore so it's cheaper" mold.  I try to buy Made in USA whenever I can.

Valued Contributor

I always enjoyed her and am happy to see her present new products...but if they are made in ANIHC then I will not be a buyer.

Esteemed Contributor

Two teases from the very entertaining Instagram Live chat with Mary today...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMKkFL9pCBX/

Also debuting on Sunday from the BJC line will be a set of tongs in three different lengths (available with red, blue, or black silicone accents):

BJCtongs.png

Plus a few pieces of tri-ply clad cookware featuring a beautiful hammered design around the outside—the photo shows a skillet Meredith shared as a sneak peek, and it will be accompanied by another piece that she is keeping secret for now:

BJCskillet.png

It was also mentioned that the BJC cookware line will include both nonstick and standard pans to help cooks meet a variety of needs, and a set of olive wood spoons will be coming to QVC in the future as well.

Bonus fun tidbit: When Meredith was invited to come and present at QVC for the first time, she didn't know what QVC was and had to ask her friends and colleagues if she should accept the offer.  Smiley LOL