Occasional Contributor

Re: NEVER lose your manual because QVC will NEVER send you a replacement!

Chrystaltree, would you like me to get my 85lb grandmother out of bed to call QVC to get a replacement manual? I thought I was doing something nice. I didn't think it was such a big hassle to request a simple manual.

If it is "unrealistic of me to expect them to supply a manual on demand" then they should probably have them readily available on their product pages like they used to.

Apparently no one is seeing this from my point....

Occasional Contributor

I'm extremely tech savvy and this manual isn't offered anywhere online.

Honored Contributor

Oh come on. It's a freaking manual. QVC should have been more than happy to supply someone with a manual for an item they bought that is exclusive to QVC. What poor business practice. I'm sure manuals are in such high demand from people who haven't purchased the item (that again, can only be purchased from QVC), that there is a line dedicated just for this purpose. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I have never not received some type of manual with cooking or other electronic items I have purchased. And while I could go online and obtain a manual for most of them, not everyone can. Some people don't have a computer or some people don't have a printer.

It would really, really help if people would READ threads too rather than just responding with snark. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Honored Contributor

As the others have said, I start online.

But if you need a manual, always go straight to the manufacturer, not the store. They have manuals going back many models, while the store you bought a product at won't. Stores don't carry manuals, they sell pre-packaged products with one manual per box (if ANY - as others have said, fewer and fewer products come with any paper manual) and that's all. They can't take one out of someone else's box for you and they won't have older ones. The manufacturer is always the place for a product manual.

Based on this thread, QVC did have a manual online, but that was back in 2009. They QVC link has a 404 error and has probably been deleted off the server.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t15743420-model_cepc900r_cooks_essencials

Honored Contributor

If it's a Q brand QVC ought to be able to scrounge up a manual somewhere. If it were a name brand I'm sure it would be available on line, but a Q brand, not so much.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you LipstickDiva

Occasional Contributor

I've been unsuccessful in locating a website for CooksEssentials, because I assume this is QVC's house brand. I read on another site that Fagor manufactures CE stuff, but that site got me nowhere.

Yes, it's just a manual. I wasn't asking for a hard-copy, just a link for me to download and print myself. It's important to me because my grandma is hardly eating anything and I'm trying to cook anything possible to get some meat on her or else her organs will fail before the cancer hits her brain. Sorry for the sob story. Just thought it was a nice gesture to try to get the pressure cooker working to try new meals for her.

Respected Contributor

Does Bob Warden have a blog or Facebook page? You could try contacting him that way and request help. If Meredith Lawrence is part of the Cooks Essentials team you could also try reaching out to her on her FB page.

Valued Contributor

On 7/16/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Oh come on. It's a freaking manual. QVC should have been more than happy to supply someone with a manual for an item they bought that is exclusive to QVC. What poor business practice. I'm sure manuals are in such high demand from people who haven't purchased the item (that again, can only be purchased from QVC), that there is a line dedicated just for this purpose. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I have never not received some type of manual with cooking or other electronic items I have purchased. And while I could go online and obtain a manual for most of them, not everyone can. Some people don't have a computer or some people don't have a printer.

It would really, really help if people would READ threads too rather than just responding with snark. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I completely agree with you.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, RedConvertibleGirl. It seems Bob Warden does not have a Facebook page, but Blue Jean Chef (Meredith) does. I messaged her and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she can help.