Honored Contributor

Re: NEVER lose your manual because QVC will NEVER send you a replacement!

David will probably have some on tonight. Price is coming down on the smaller ones like the 4 qt. I wouldn't take nothing for my oval shaped 8qt they're scarcer now I take care of it too. I got 6 qt's and a 4. Here in Tx. brisket rules but they're tough as shoe leather without a pressure cooker the dog would be living large.

Respected Contributor

Sorry but the Q doesn't know who you are...apparently there wasn't a purchase for that product under that name. I'm sure if they could match the name with the product it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Who knows, people buy incomplete items from rummage garage store or even an owner of thrift store could be calling, they can't verify that information.

In this circumstance, give the Q a break. They put forth a lot of effort trying to help you.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't blame QVC, that's ridiculous. If you can't find the manual and missing part in the house, just cook something on the stovetop, it would be quicker.

Blessings to you and your grandmother.

Super Contributor

Maybe a youtube video is out there about the pressure cooker?

Regular Contributor

On 7/16/2014 insomniac said:

When you consider the thousands of manuals QVC has sent out for its various products over the years, it's unrealistic to expect them to supply any on demand.

What, exactly, do you expect them to do? Go to the warehouse, find that model of pressure cooker (even if they still sell it) and pull a manual out of one of those to send to you? Then someone else will be without a manual.

I wouldn't think to contact the seller for a manual. I'd contact the manufacturer for a manual or replacement parts.

Honored Contributor

I would agree that this is an unreasonable expectation. That said, I don't know why one would need a manual. These things are pretty easy to figure out. I'm not sure what the part is that was mentioned as missing. It sounds like a necessary part so if it cannot be found, then the whole manual issue is moot anyway.

Some have mentioned not getting manuals anymore with kitchen appliances. I have not had that experience at all. Computers - yes. It's online and usually the new computer has a link to the manual right on the computer.

But every kitchen appliance I've purchased always has a manual. I guess my convection oven was the most recent and I got a manual with it. It has been handy because of the different functions. But with the pressure cooker, any info needed for cooking should be present in the recipe (i.e. how long, etc).

I do have a CE pressure cooker but it sounds like it's not the one the OP needs. Mine is oval and I've had it for quite a few years. I do have the manual, however, so if there is any helpful information I'd be glad to pull it out.

Frequent Contributor

I found this online for digital Cooks Essentials pressure cookers replacement parts. I don't know how accurate it is though...Salton Customer serv.: 1.800.233.9054
Honored Contributor

I can see calling QVC to ask for a phone number for the manufacturer. Not sure that I would expect them to find a manual for me, especially not for an item they no longer seem to carry. Good wishes go out to you in the care of your grandmother.

Respected Contributor

I would be more concerned about getting a steam regulator. Try some Ensure for her too, soft foods. Frankly, you can use an oven, stovetop, crockpot for the same effect, just takes longer.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

I would just use a crockpot, you will have delicious meals to serve your dear grandma.