Honored Contributor

I have a TJ's near me, I don't go very often, it's always so crowded and the parking lot is a horror. I went today and they were out of two of the items I really wanted. I asked at the desk, she said they were out of stock at the warehouse. It's not like this was a one time thing, it happens to me every time I go there.

Super Contributor

Sometimes what happens too at TJs is that you fall in love with one of their items, only for them to stop carrying it.  One of the managers told me they will stop carrying items if the manufacturer decides to raise the price to more than TJs thinks is appropriate or thinks the average TJs customer is willing to pay.

Respected Contributor

My Trader Joe's is in a very busy mall and the parking lot is a nightmare.  However, TJ's opens at 8 - two hours before the mall stores.  So I go then.  Much easier.

Respected Contributor

Our Trader Joe’s has the worst parking.  It’s hard to get it and hard to get out.  Not worth it to me. 

Honored Contributor

There are two TJ's near me.  Parking at both is a nightmare, and both are usually crowded.  So I don't go much either - a handful of times per year.

Honored Contributor

Horrible parking seems to be a pattern with TJ's. You would think it would be taken into consideration when looking for a good location for a store.

Regular Contributor

be thankful you live near one of the stores...i have to drive 2 hours to get to the closest TJ's (i bought a really good cooler just for these trips).  It's a small store and always has unique items that I can't get where I live...even just decent produce is a luxury!  

how I would love to live closer to one...

Esteemed Contributor

Our's is in a busy mall area and can get busy on Saturdays, but fun to visit. Their Reisling wine is great and inexpensive for Sangrias. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Horrible parking seems to be a pattern with TJ's. You would think it would be taken into consideration when looking for a good location for a store.

Lol! I think it’s a prerequisite when they pick out a location. 

Does it have terrible parking? SOLD!

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting because the TJs that I occasionally go to is the same way with parking - it's awful. Fresh Thyme just opened a store close to me and it's somewhat similar to TJs, but I think FT has much better produce and a good selection of meats....and the parking is so much better. I know FT isn't everywhere, but it's a great alternative IMO.