Honored Contributor

Darn if they don't look SO GOOD!  I sure wish I could try one sometime but I have lots of expensive dental work so caramel is a big no-no.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has given these as teacher gifts for the last 3 years. Everyone loves them. The only thing I'm worried about with this option is the white chocolate. Not everyone likes it. The pretzel rods with the apples is a nice pairing.

Honored Contributor

I just posted to my friend that I have ordered them before several times.  I only like the one's that have the M&M and sprinkles on them.

I've never eaten them but given them to people who help me sometimes.  My grandchildren tried to bite into the things.  My daughter had a fit!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables Apples

[ Edited ]

I have a mouth full of crowns and implants. I have never had any trouble with Mrs Prindales apples. I do cut them into smaller pieces and bite away. They are always a nice crisp apple. And I must say they are a nice sweet treat.

Respected Contributor

I have friends who have ordered them and they said they looked delicious but the taste was terrible. The apples were not good and the outside toppings were really dry and stale. Now I have no idea personally as I have never had one and I am assuming that like anything you could possibly get good and bad batches.

Respected Contributor
I make cheater Mrs. Prindables apples. I cut up my honeycrisp apples, dip them in peanut butter and then mini-chocolate chips. YUM! I've done the same for family gatherings with caramel and peanut butter for the initial dip, then things like mini-chocolate chips, crushed Oreos, toffee, nuts, etc....
Respected Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables Apples

[ Edited ]

@Kitlynn wrote:

I have friends who have ordered them and they said they looked delicious but the taste was terrible. The apples were not good and the outside toppings were really dry and stale. Now I have no idea personally as I have never had one and I am assuming that like anything you could possibly get good and bad batches.

I am very surprised at the poor review.

I discovered Mrs.P's apples about 30 years ago at my local Neiman-Marcus. The apples were huge and the only combo available was caramel,

dark chocolate and pecan. They were $25 each. They were delicious then and the quality has not diminished. I have bought them for Christmas and found a stray hiding in the back of the fridge close to Valentine's Day. Still crisp and still great. 

My only complaint is the difficulty in getting the original flavor which is still my favorite. 

T

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@Kitlynn wrote:

I am very surprised at the poor review.

I discovered Mrs.P's apples about 30 years ago at my local Neiman-Marcus. The apples were huge and the only combo available was caramel,

dark chocolate and pecan. They were $25 each. They were delicious then and the quality has not diminished. I have bought them for Christmas and found a stray hiding in the back of the fridge close to Valentine's Day. Still crisp and still great. 

My only complaint is the difficulty in getting the original flavor which is still my favorite. 

T

I also have never encountered an apple that was not crisp and tasty. I wonder if the apples were not stored in the refrigerator. And that is how the coating was dry and stale and the apple not good. 

Honored Contributor

I've been ordering Mrs. P's apples for about 25 years.  In all that time, the only time there was a problem was 2 years ago when there was a national recall of caramels apples.

They've always been a hit with the recipients.  There is usually a TSV for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Rue La La usually has a great offering around the holidays, too.

Honored Contributor

They look yummy!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)