Trusted Contributor

Saw him on ITKWD today and wondering what the silver chain around his neck with that huge medallion represents.

Honored Contributor

@EatWell You can ask him on his blog/Facebook page. Heart

Regular Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Saw him on ITKWD today and wondering what the silver chain around his neck with that huge medallion represents.

It’s called a tastevin which is what a sommelier uses for wine tasting.  They are usually very ornate.

Honored Contributor

Says online he pays $120 for 1 pair of Egyptian Cotton boxers.

He won't pay $2.50 for a latte but he will pay $120 for underwear. 

So ridiculous IMO. Even if I had lots of money I would never pay $120 for 1 pair of underwear. Talk about a waste of money.

People that spend that kind of money on something need to have their head examined.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassealassea wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

It’s called a tastevin which is what a sommelier uses for wine tasting.  They are usually very ornate.

Thank you for the explaination. I've only been to one restaurant with a sommelier but he didn't use one.

Strictly European, maybe?

Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Wonderful?

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Sassealassea wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

Thank you for the explaination. I've only been to one restaurant with a sommelier but he didn't use one.

Strictly European, maybe?

not strictly european at all. also used by winemakers. have seen it at quite a few fine dining restaurants AND in wine tastings (at wineries, in stores, at events like food and wine festivals.)

it is used as a symbol of respect and tradition in the industry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor
@Nightowlz, why do you care how much he spends on different things?? And who are you to judge him for it?? He is free to spend his money, or not, any way he chooses as are we. It’s not like your opinion of his choices are going to make him change. Sheesh, stop already.
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz@We all waste money in someone eyes.I wouldn’t spend money at coffee stands now that I have a Keurig but some say that Kcup is expensive coffee too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz  Who cares where anyone buys their underwear or what is spent upon it? Many of us buy silk underwear and nightgowns. Are you going to judge us for that, also? Frankly, I don't care.

You aren't paying the bills, why are you so judgemental about other people's finances? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

LOL!!!  You guys!  I had to go to the video to find out who Mr. Wonderful was!  Now I know he's on tv.  But I still don't really know who he is!  And yes, impressive "necklace!"  Woman Wink