Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@dex@sunchild@BirkiLady@sunchild

I know it's none of my business. IMO is sickening people spend that much for a pair of boxers. I know it's his money. Who Cares that's the problem. Nobody cares. I could never spend money like that knowing there are better ways to spend it. People like that don't think about all the people struggling to make ends meet when they are spending their money foolishly. I know it's his money & he can spend it how he wants. I don't see how people like that can sleep at night.

@Nightowlz.  I guess I won't tell you what I spend my money on! And I sleep very well, thank you.

@proudlyfromNJ

Spend it how you want. I'm just saying if I had money like that I would be helping people not buying boxers for $120 a pair. 

@Nightowlz  There's so much presumption here.  Where did he say he does not help people or give to perhaps numerous charities?  Why is it that it has been determined that he cannot do both?  I'm sure he sleeps just fine knowing just what he does with his money, not what strangers take a guess at (or, heavens, read on the Internet as if it's gospel).

If we look at it that way, probably most of us who shop at QVC couldn't sleep at night.  How much of YOUR income goes to charity?  What do YOU deny yourself?  DO you think about that when you spend a $1 on seasonal decorations?  Eat at a nice restaurant?  Buy a pair of shoes you don't need?

It's really easy to look at someone else and decide what is frivolous that they buy.  Not so easy to look at ourselves.  

Awwww, c'mon, kids.  Let's put down the knives.  There's no need for us to hurt each other.  I mean, QVC had to start deleting posts, I didn't see them but let's end this, please.  It seems to me that NightOwlz is hurting so it's a sore spot.  I understand that.  Yes, it's true that no one has the right to judge anyone else.  She was just venting.  Let's talk about kitchen stuff since we're in a kitchen forum.  I have an idea, since I'm a flop in the kitchen, does anyone have a good but easy recipe for meat balls?  Mine come out okay but not as good as I'd like.  We're all in this together.  Let's help each other!  Hey, good thing my husband isn't a fussy eater or I think he'd be doing a lot of complaining!  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If we look at it that way, probably most of us who shop at QVC couldn't sleep at night.  How much of YOUR income goes to charity?  What do YOU deny yourself?  DO you think about that when you spend a $1 on seasonal decorations?  Eat at a nice restaurant?  Buy a pair of shoes you don't need?

It's really easy to look at someone else and decide what is frivolous that they buy.  Not so easy to look at ourselves.  

@Sooner  I'm sure she realizes that she makes frivolous purchases sometimes - just like everyone else. She was just venting.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner  I'm sure she realizes that she makes frivolous purchases sometimes - just like everyone else. She was just venting.

@Daisy Sunflower  I'm venting too because I don't see any point in making fun of how other people spend their money and carrying on about how much something costs.  You see it on here all the time and it puzzles me.  Why would you even think about that?   If it is too expensive for you, don't buy it.  But why make fun of people who do? 

Valued Contributor

The very 1st time I saw "Mr Wonderful",  I actually thought it was

Barry Diller, who ran QVC in the early 90's.