Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Wonderful?

[ Edited ]

@dex@sunchild@BirkiLady@sunchild

I know it's none of my business. IMO is sickening people spend that much for a pair of boxers. I know it's his money. Who Cares that's the problem. Nobody cares. I could never spend money like that knowing there are better ways to spend it. People like that don't think about all the people struggling to make ends meet when they are spending their money foolishly. I know it's his money & he can spend it how he wants. I don't see how people like that can sleep at night.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I know it's none of my business. IMO is sickening people spend that much for a pair of boxers. I know it's his money. Who Cares that's the problem. Nobody cares. I could never spend money like that knowing there are better ways to spend it. People like that don't think about all the people struggling to make ends meet when they are spending their money foolishly. I know it's his money & he can spend it how he wants. I don't see how people like that can sleep at night.

@Nightowlz.  I guess I won't tell you what I spend my money on! And I sleep very well, thank you.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz.  I guess I won't tell you what I spend my money on! And I sleep very well, thank you.

@proudlyfromNJ

Spend it how you want. I'm just saying if I had money like that I would be helping people not buying boxers for $120 a pair. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

Spend it how you want. I'm just saying if I had money like that I would be helping people not buying boxers for $120 a pair. 

@Nightowlz, all of us can be charitable right now, regardless of how we otherwise spend our money. Granted, we might not be able to give as much as an extremely wealthy person, but every bit counts.

Also, have you every spent a significant amount for something that you could have easily lifed without? If so, then it's better not to throw stones.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

@Nightowlz  There's so much presumption here.  Where did he say he does not help people or give to perhaps numerous charities?  Why is it that it has been determined that he cannot do both?  I'm sure he sleeps just fine knowing just what he does with his money, not what strangers take a guess at (or, heavens, read on the Internet as if it's gospel).

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

@Nightowlz, all of us can be charitable right now, regardless of how we otherwise spend our money. Granted, we might not be able to give as much as an extremely wealthy person, but every bit counts.

Also, have you every spent a significant amount for something that you could have easily lifed without? If so, then it's better not to throw stones.

@suzyQ3

Yes I paid way too much for my stupid car. Never doing that again.

I want my old 1991 Dynasty back. LOL!!!  I will never do something that stupid again.

DH thought I needed a new car. I was happy with my old one. Don't like driving my new one because I'm afraid to drive it at the price we paid for it.

I have to use my money helping my sister so she does not end up homeless. Dad has been paying her bills for years. He passed away in Feb so now she's in a bind. His Will stated to pay her bills through the end of her lease. She won't be able to make it with her Inheritance until she can collect her SS especially the way she spends money. Guess I will have to use mine to help her since nobody else in the family cares if she is homeless or not.

Super Contributor
@Nightowlz, are you sure you’re truly helping your sister or are you enabling her? There is a difference as I’m sure you’re well aware.
Respected Contributor

Who is Mr. Wonderful ?

Honored Contributor

Why do people always say they would help people rather than "waste" their money on something someone has purchased, that they deem foolish?

You know what? They probably wouldn't.

Honored Contributor

I think people who are successful earned the right to purchase nice things and shouldn’t be judged as not giving enough to others...why shouldn’t a person who earned the money spend it on some special things that give them pleasure even if they could help the poor instead.I notice even the poor can “waste”money too. Starbucks,alcohol,drugs,cigarettes and tattoos to name a few things I have seen.