Not applicable

More Holiday Things For Different Holidays

I would love it if QVC would put things on for Passover, Hanukkah! It would be great if Temptations would come out with a line of dishes for both those holidays! There are more holidays in this world besides Christmas And Easter.
Trusted Contributor

Re: More Holiday Things For Different Holidays

As someone who celebrates these holidays, I do understand your feelings; however, for multiple reasons, I do not think this would be a viable business decision for QVC.

First, the number of people purchasing these items would be virtually tiny. Not only is this a small group of people (relatively speaking), but many are not in QVC's target demographics. Second, these items, generally, are things that are purchased once for a lifetime (used only a few times a year, they become heirlooms and are passed down); they are not "added to" or replaced annually like Christmas lights or ornament hangers. Additionally, because these items are special and used for ritual observance, people tend to buy nicer, higher-end items such as pottery from Israel or silver items; buying cheap porcelain from China to celebrate a religious occasion is not really something that most people would want.

QVC has sold Judaica items for years (they come and go from inventory), and long ago, they tried airing Judaica shows, but due to the low sales volume of the items, these are not something that can justify airtime as most people watching would be interested in watching due to the novelty of the items rather than purchasing them. Those who purchase items such as this already have sources -- usually either local Judaica shops or synagogue gift shops or online Judaica stores.

Honored Contributor

Re: More Holiday Things For Different Holidays

A person would need a lot of storage space to have tableware for several holidays. I think Christmas dinnerware is adorable and the pastel colors of Easter are so pretty but I only view them online and don't own them.