Honored Contributor

Mini-mason jar cocoa - so cute!

I decided to make these little mason jar cocoas to give to my coworkers. I got the recipe from Pioneer Woman's "Care Package" show.  They turned out to be absolutely darling, but cost a lot more than I was expecting.  I made 24 of them and did the math - they're $3 each!  I'm glad I didn't realize that before I started, because I might have changed my mind and now that they're done I'm delighted with them.

little mason cocoas 2017.JPG

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested:

4 oz Mason jars

Layer the following ingredients:

1 tbs granulated sugar

pinch of salt

2 tbs cocoa powder

2 tbs powdered milk

1 tbs shaved semi-sweet chocolate (I used a mint chocolate)

12 mini marshmallows

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Mini-mason jar cocoa - so cute!

@house_cat.  I bet your co-workers will be delighted.  Are the directions included?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@house_cat.  I bet your co-workers will be delighted.  Are the directions included?

@Kachina624

I wrote the directions on each tag, but it's simple - add to a mugful of boiling water and stir!

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I think those are wonderful and would be honored and pleased to receive one. Very nice!

Frequent Contributor

We had our company Christmas Party last night and there was one of these (but the 12 ounce mug with handle) at each table setting.  Had a metallic ribbon with instructions attached around the neck of each one and a mini bow on top

it looked really nice to see a room full of these 

Respected Contributor

Those are so cute.   I've never seen those little jars.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

@debic

That was the most expensive part of the project. I got them from Amazon and they were $50 for 24. If anyone finds them for less, please let me know.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Maybe it's just me but the picture does not appear to match the recipe?

Trusted Contributor

EBay has several listings for the 4 ounce Mason jars for about $20.00 and free shipping, package of 12.

But they don’t look like the ones in the picture above. They are the cute little squatty kind. That would be nice as well.

We have a pastry/dessert shop in town and they sell little desserts in those jars and they are really cute!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@debic wrote:

@debic

That was the most expensive part of the project. I got them from Amazon and they were $50 for 24. If anyone finds them for less, please let me know.

@house_cat- do a search for "canning jars for jam", I found some for $7.99 for 12 for 4oz.  But I have to say, those look like 8 oz to me, which you can get for $8.99 for 12 and they are quilted!

They are really cute!