Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 

I don't think they use horse HOOFS, but wouldn't be surprised if they used those big rubbery horse and cow LIPS in them!!!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Reever We had and loved these for years. DS, late DH and I loved 'em.

About 3 years ago I had one and ended up in the ER and got admitted. I had chronic small bowel obstructions (since corrected by surgery) but this caused me a big one!

And when the ER nurse and doc were asking me about what I'd eaten and I told them, the doctor said I was the 4th person that week who came in ill after eating one.

They ruled out food poisoning and told me that none of the others had food poisong either but couldn't figure out what caused the trouble. As much as I like them I had to rule them out forever!

@Love my grandkids Wow!  That's scary!  I just don't eat McDonalds anymore at all.  I haven't bought since my thirty something year old kids were into the Happy Meals with toys over thirty years ago.

Honored Contributor

Re: McRib Sandwich

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Recently had Burger King and KFC for lunch because my kitchen is under construction.  I ordered a cheeseburger and it was so small, like a slider size.  My husband and I each order a 2 piece white meat chicken meal from KFC and the portions sizes were also very small.  Pay more, get less.

@ScrapHappy Thank goodness there are a lot of quality restaurants in my area that offer whole food take out.  No chain fast foods for me.  The quality is very questionable.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Recently had Burger King and KFC for lunch because my kitchen is under construction.  I ordered a cheeseburger and it was so small, like a slider size.  My husband and I each order a 2 piece white meat chicken meal from KFC and the portions sizes were also very small.  Pay more, get less.

@ScrapHappy Thank goodness there are a lot of quality restaurants in my area that offer whole food take out.  No chain fast foods for me.  The quality is very questionable.

good news the McRib is now out and on menus. I scooped two up for me and my niece. Plan to get more as it is a very limited engagement.

Contributor

I have enjoyed a couple of McRib sandwiches since they became available again too.  Plan on having a few more!  

Respected Contributor

@KK06 wrote:

I have enjoyed a couple of McRib sandwiches since they became available again too.  Plan on having a few more!  

Manager at local McDondalds told me they are selling very well. She agreed with me that many enjoy being taken back to simpler times before the world went to hell.

Honored Contributor

I don't eat fast food, but out of curiousity, I looked up the price of a McRib in my area.  $5.79 for a sandwich or $12.59 for the meal.

Way overpriced IMO.  I rather have steak, it's much more affordable too.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't eat fast food, but out of curiousity, I looked up the price of a McRib in my area.  $5.79 for a sandwich or $12.59 for the meal.

Way overpriced IMO.  I rather have steak, it's much more affordable too.

The sandwich is $4.99 and the meal is $8.49 at my usual McD's.  The price of meal could be higher if you choose a larger order of fries or a premium drink, but the standard meal is $8.49.  It is 20 cents more than a quarter pounder meal.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008   Wow! I  remember when McD was cheap.   I never even tried fast food until I got my drivers license. 

The only place I frequent is Chik fil a for their lemonade.

i can't eat gluten which limits my good choices.

Honored Contributor

Gosh it has been years since I've had a McRib!  Love 'emWoman LOL  

I think in many cases the fast-food and chain restaurants get inspected more and maybe are cleaner than some local joints. 

I love good food and fine dining and expensive restaurants but I am no food snob.  I love a good bologna sandwish, vienna sausages with saltines but haven't had those in many years.  Hot dogs have never been as good since they took out the lips and eyelids. . . LOL!!