Valued Contributor

It seems as though once someone has Dukes, then there is no other Mayo comes close in comparison! I grew up in a Miracle Whip household, but I buy Hellman's (as that's what DH likes and I don't use it much). 

I didn't think Dukes was sold in my state. I just found out it is, it's on my grocery list. I love grilled cheese made with Mayo (in lieu of butter), I'll have to try it with Dukes!

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Usually buy Hellman's. Have never seen Duke's around here and never buy Miracle Whip.

@proudlyfromNJ I always buy Hellman's.  Never see Duke's in any stores in  NJ.

After watching a Chef's Life, I wanted to try Dukes.  I ordered it from Walmart.  I liked it but I don't want to go through the hassle of having to order it so I'll stick with Hellman's.

If I ever happen to see Duke's in the store I would probably buy it.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

I don't care whether its mayo or Miracle Whip or what brand it it.  I use only a minimal amount and it all tastes the same.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I only use mayo to mix with (not spread) and only Hellmann's Light.

Honored Contributor

I use either Dukes or Hellman's.  Both are good.

I also buy Miracle Whip which is salad dressing and not mayo.  I use it to make potato or macaroni salad.

I can't even begin to eat potato salad made with mayo....yuck!

Trusted Contributor

I don't use mayo very much, but when I do, it is always Duke's.  Nothing else even comes close.

Honored Contributor

FWIW (especially for stocking up), you can buy Duke's. Hellmann's/BestFoods, and Cain's at Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Miracle Whip is horrible tasting in my opinion and my taste buds opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I always buy Hellman's, although I've tried Dukes and it was fine. The only ones I won't buy are Miracle Whip (not mayo) or cheap off brands.

Honored Contributor

Another Hellman's girl here.  We always had Miracle Whip growing up, hate it.  Only recently I was seeing that Dukes was supposed to be THE may for the South although I don't ever remember seeing it growing up.  I have never tried it.  I mentioned it on another thread about mayo and someone told me it wasn't all that, so I'm sticking with what I know.