Respected Contributor

When I was a kid, I went to a babysitter who actually had white bread instead of wheat. Almost everyday for lunch she made us sandwiches with American cheese and Miracle Whip on white bread. It was so good!

I can't choose between mayo or Miracle Whip because both are good yet different.  I don't use one certain brand of mayonnaise, I just buy whatever's on sale. I do use lower fat mayonnaise though whenever I can, as long as the lower fat content doesn't affect the outcome of the recipe.

Respected Contributor

I never heard of Dukes, until my nephew from VA said he'll use no other. I use Hellman's exclusively. Dislike Miracle Whip, tried Trader Joe's (Yuck) Recently I used a packet of Heinz mayo. It was good. I wonder what took them so long to get into the game. If Hellman's wasn't available, I might buy Heinz.

Super Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Love my grandkids I grew up with miracle whip which in our house we called mayonnaise.  I didn’t know there was a difference until I got married.

Same with me.  I don't really care for it much now.

Kraft mayo is what I use.

Honored Contributor

I have tried Dukes, Kewpie and making my own - Best Foods tastes better than any of those choices!

Valued Contributor

I'm not a big fan of mayo and use it only for making Potato Salad and for that I use only Hellman's Mayo. I have heard of Duke's before, however, it's not available in the grocery stores here in NJ. 

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64  It's a funny thing, I like Hellmans Mayo But CAINS tartar sauce Is the absolute  Best with A fishermans Paltter!