Not applicable
New to the forums. Just got my masterbuilt and have been trying it out. Smoked juicy Lucy burgers turned out great!
Honored Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your new smoker. We use ours all the time. We just made brisket, baby back ribs, mac n' cheese & baked beans on the smoker for the 4th. Check out the recipes on Dadgum That's Good site online. If you like Mac n' Cheese try the 4 Cheese Mac n' Cheese recipe. It's really good.

Smile

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure if I like mine yet. It won't go past 150 degrees even on high.

Honored Contributor

My 8 year old granddaughter told me her Dad (my son-in-law) said he, his Dad and his father-in-law are all about smokers (she's 8 going on 20..Ha!).

I thought about sending him one (he helps me with some of my business stuff). However, I only want to send him the best one.

What do you guys think is the best? What do you look for when buying one?

Honored Contributor
On 7/6/2014 annabellethecat said:

My 8 year old granddaughter told me her Dad (my son-in-law) said he, his Dad and his father-in-law are all about smokers (she's 8 going on 20..Ha!).

I thought about sending him one (he helps me with some of my business stuff). However, I only want to send him the best one.

What do you guys think is the best? What do you look for when buying one?

Ours looks like the one on the Wal-Mart site for $177. They have another one for $100 more that has the window you can see through. We did not find it necessary for the window at extra money. We got ours on closeout at Lowe's for about $140. I would not buy the one with the legs. Make sure it has the digital control on top & the air damper vent. Also one that has the slide out side loading chip tray. Ours has these features & a temperature probe to use while smoking. If you are smoking more then one meat you want to keep tabs on the temperature you can use one of those digital thermometers & run the probe cord through the damper vent. DH also replaced the feet with wheels. He took one of the feet off & went to Lowe's to match up for the right size wheels which makes it easy to move around the patio where we want.

Smile