Honored Contributor

Fundraising ideas needed for a very small church congregation. Thank you :)

My church has only 60 members. I'm looking for some fundraising ideas that could help us out. If you have any ideas to share I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you. Smile

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

Re: Fundraising ideas needed for a very small church congregation. Thank you :)

Rummage sales, bake sales, raffle off a handmade quilt or something like that.
Honored Contributor

Rummage sales, bake sales require no investment if members contribute their homemade goodies and donate clothing, household goods they no longer want

You could also do pancake breakfasts or spaghetti dinners where you charge nominal fees

Check the professions/jobs of your members and see how they might help. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Have a meeting (or several small meetings). Find out what people in your church are good at. You'd be surprised at some of the things people can do.

The people who can crochet and would be willing to do something like that, good. Some people can't do things, they could contribute to the cost of yarn.

Some people are probably good cooks. You could incorporate different things, like beatle said. You could have several dinners and during the dinners raffle off something someone donated or made.

The ideas are only as limited as your mind. I get excited just thinking about all of the things you could do.

Contributor

A fundraiser in my area that has always been popular has been Butter Braid bread. They are frozen loaves of bread and have a variety of fillings. They taste amazing and many times, people stock up on them for the freezer since they are not available to purchase at the local store.

http://www.butterbraid.com/

Respected Contributor

Is anyone handy with a powerwasher? Advertise a reasonable rate to do fences or houses in your town on a particular weekend, and reimburse them for the gasoline and the men donate the labor?

Honored Contributor

What about getting the young people involved; car wash with accompanying lemonade/cookie stand for while folks are waiting for their car to be washed? Just a thought. Good luck with whatever your church decides to do for the fund raising efforts.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Are they as good of cooks as you? How about compiling a cookbook full of their special recipes...

It is right u[ your alley to edit and oversee such a project!

Trusted Contributor

house_cat, a lot of good ideas. I like the idea of getting the young people helping out with a car wash. I always stop when I see kids doing car washes. Also, getting people together to brainstorm might work. "Garage"/rummage sales are always a good idea. People can clean out their homes and sell their items they no longer want (have to be in good condition).

Esteemed Contributor

The biggest money maker fund raiser I've worked on in past years are basket auctions. It's lots of work getting the baskets together and coordinating the event (you could hold it at your church, you don't have to rent a hall!) but it's highest return for an event.