Respected Contributor

Re: MAY 2017 - What's Cooking - where did the last month go

Thanks Pooky, never heard of that stuff but will certainly check it out. I detest working hard on kitchen mess.

We had great Mexican food last night at O'Compos restaurant. My oldest grand Shawna, arrived from Kansas - so delighted to see her. I raised her junior high through her first year of college - she has done well - am very proud of her. And as a teenager she was exceptional. She was a Candystriper and was the first teen allowed to work in the emergency room at the hospital. That was a long time ago now  as she is now a Grandmother. Wow, where does the time fly?

Have not clue about dinner but obviously will try and find something to put in the slow cooker. Have a good day one and all.

Valued Contributor

well, a new  Mexican restaurant opened about a mile from our home..my husband loves Mexican food, I am ok with it once in awhile..wellll..I love this place..they will make anything not on their menu & it is great..we had to agree to not eat there more than once a week..did I mention? They have a blended strawberry-lemon margarita? Yummy!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy friday memes

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. winifred we actually buy greased lightning from bjs. they sell a gallon jug  for 10 bucks and sometimes on sale for 6.99. yestauday it was very muggy and in the 90s hear in ri yestauday so we had left over chicken and brocoli chowder so we didnt want hot chowder so i picked up burger king for supper. tonight heat breaks and 60s for weekend. hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Thanks again for the heads up Pooky re greased lightning - after you mentioned it, I zipped out to Home Depot - there it was. Haven't tried it yet but will in a few days. Thanks again for the cleaning tip.

Later today am heading to the hospital for a procedure at the Redlands Hospital - they will try and ascertain what the spot is in my lungs. Say a prayer people. Thanks.

Have a good day and eat well.

Honored Contributor

Prayers sent @Winifred!  Our thoughts are with you today.  Good Luck!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  Wishing you the best results on your procedure.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy saturday gifs

Respected Contributor

Had the procedure done at the hospital yesterday - very late in them doing it - felt really draggy afterwards and still am a tad sluggish. No results but the MD said they were able to do a successful biopsy - this was their second try at getting a biopsy. Time will tell and I am praying for results that are more positive than negative - for sure. Throat really sore - guess that is due to a tube or whatever they had down my throat.

Suppose to get very hot today but as usual out here, very chilly right now. LOL.

Tossed some packaged glazed chicken beasts in the oven and packaged curly fries in the oven and on the stove last night for dinner. Was not up to it and was told to come home and rest. Shannon scooted out really fast but she had a friend who stayed to help with the little one. Sigh.

Hope all had a great day - do hope I get some help so I can try and rest a bit - that procedure DID take a bit out of me.

Eat well everyone!!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Had the procedure done at the hospital yesterday - very late in them doing it - felt really draggy afterwards and still am a tad sluggish. No results but the MD said they were able to do a successful biopsy - this was their second try at getting a biopsy. Time will tell and I am praying for results that are more positive than negative - for sure. Throat really sore - guess that is due to a tube or whatever they had down my throat.

Suppose to get very hot today but as usual out here, very chilly right now. LOL.

Tossed some packaged glazed chicken beasts in the oven and packaged curly fries in the oven and on the stove last night for dinner. Was not up to it and was told to come home and rest. Shannon scooted out really fast but she had a friend who stayed to help with the little one. Sigh.

Hope all had a great day - do hope I get some help so I can try and rest a bit - that procedure DID take a bit out of me.

Eat well everyone!!

@Winifred  I am sure you are relieved to have the procedure over with on the one hand, but on the other, now you wait, nerve wracking.  I hope the results will be positive and then you can relax a bit.  I think it is terrible that they botched it the first time, then made you wait so long for another procedure.  I would have been howling!

It has been HOT all week, but at least it is dry heat.  I go outside in the morning, but the sun is still blazing then as I don't get up at the crack of dawn if I can help it. Smiley Happy:  Then, I go out in early evening when it is cool, which is great as long as the mosquitoes don't find me.

Yesterday, my zucchini seedlings made an appearance.  The directions say to plant three seed in a hill, last year only two spouted, so this year I planted four, and three appeared.

Tomatoes are growing, some pepper seedlings are up, but I think I have to plant more as all of them should have been showing by now.  Many tiny basil seedlings, definitely will plant more as I like to use it fresh, then at the end of the season process it and freeze it.   I planted yellow flat bush beans, and will plant the green Italian flat beans this weekend now that it is hot enough.  I also planted three strawberry plants yesterday and used a plastic item bought at Gardener's Supply to keep them off of the dirt.

I am getting a few raspberries daily, and the blackberries are large, fat, and some  are beginning to turn color, so will get those netted tomorrow when DH is here ti help.  I also got the Yukon potatoes planted last weekend, am growing these in a potato bag with a flap for easy fetching, hopefully.  I waited until the seed potatoes went on sale so got them at a good price, otherwise I would have planted oprganic taters from the produce market and would hope they would grow.

Have a nice weekend everyone.