Honored Contributor

Re: Loving my electric egg cooker

@traveler wrote:

Would someone please post a brand.  And what is a pull chopper?

Oh sorry @traveler as I was so late to the party I thought everyone knew about this before me.  Here is the link to QVC's offering:

http://www.qvc.com/Kuhn-Rikon-2.4-Cup-Pull-&-Chop-wExtra-Bowl-&-Storage-Lids.product.K42447.html?sc=...

I bought a knock off version from Aldi and I just love it.  It's so easy to use and cleans up in seconds.  As knife skills aren't my strong suit, this for me is a great find . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi I am still oxox!

Boy, reading what you posted and reading all the other posts...I want one of those egg cookers / poachers.

I have seen several brands and thought..."Do I really need one"?  

After reading everyone's postings...I say, "Yes, I really need one".  However, "What brand should I get"?

I am going to pick one up for my "Sister-In-Law" too...She came to visit my husband and I for a weekend, her husband stayed home due to work.

That evening she, received a phone call from her husband saying he had an accident.  She goes, "OMG what happened...Are you ok"?  He said, "Yes, I am ok but your kitchen is not ok".  She said, "What do you mean"?

He said, "Well I put a dozen eggs into a pot on the stovetop to make pickled eggs...And I fell asleep on the coach...I woke up to the sounds of something exploiding one after the other..."?  He said, "Honey...Your kitchen is a mess...There are eggs everywhere...Stay there a for a few more days until I can get it all cleaned up"?  

So, what "Brand do all of you recommend"?   

Honored Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Hi I am still oxox!

Boy, reading what you posted and reading all the other posts...I want one of those egg cookers / poachers.

I have seen several brands and thought..."Do I really need one"?  

After reading everyone's postings...I say, "Yes, I really need one".  However, "What brand should I get"?

I am going to pick one up for my "Sister-In-Law" too...She came to visit my husband and I for a weekend, her husband stayed home due to work.

That evening she, received a phone call from her husband saying he had an accident.  She goes, "OMG what happened...Are you ok"?  He said, "Yes, I am ok but your kitchen is not ok".  She said, "What do you mean"?

He said, "Well I put a dozen eggs into a pot on the stovetop to make pickled eggs...And I fell asleep on the coach...I woke up to the sounds of something exploiding one after the other..."?  He said, "Honey...Your kitchen is a mess...There are eggs everywhere...Stay there a for a few more days until I can get it all cleaned up"?  

So, what "Brand do all of you recommend"?   

Hi @Bellabutterfly I have the same brand that the OP has:

Elite Cusine maxi matic egg cooker

We both purchased ours from Amazon but to be honest I believe they are all rather similar.

To be honest (and I know this sounds crazy) but I wish I had purchased the one from HSN (DASH Truglide Rapid Egg Cooker) as I like the shape of the egg cooker for poached eggs . . . I know, crazy right?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I ordered the elite cusine maxi from Amazon today. Sounds great.

Respected Contributor

thank you

Frequent Contributor

You can buy any brand, they all work off the same principle.

Get whatever you get the best deal on.  Mine is the original QVC one...love it!

I also steam eggs in my pressure cooker...six minutes on high pressure. Perfect.

I've also heard they steam well in a rice cooker, not sure how long, I've never tried.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I ordered the elite cusine maxi from Amazon today. Sounds great.

Seriously @proudlyfromNJ I hope you enjoy this cooker as much as I do as for the first couple of weeks I was like "why didn't I have this years ago?" . . . ok maybe a little hyperbole there but it is the best "useless" gadget I ever bought!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

We have chickens and I bought one of these egg cookers for my husband. The one I bought looks like a chicken and it's called the Maverick Henrietta Egg Cooker. She's cute - look it up on Amazon.

The hard boiled eggs are so easy to peel when cooked in this gadget.

Respected Contributor

It must make your heart sing to think that you can do something for your Father that he enjoys so much, @I am still oxox .   That is so sweet.Woman Happy

I love my Elite Egg Cooker, too...use it all the time; and like everyone else posting, I thought for sure I'd be laughing at myself for buying it.  Such a poached egg lover here and particular on how they're cooked.  Not a problem anymore, and that alone would guarantee it a home for a long time.  Hard boiled eggs that peel easily with no muss or fuss.  How novel!    A two-egg omelette cooked just right without tending to it?!?  How do they do that?!? 

Whooda thunk a little measured steam could solve the "perfect egg" quandry of so many?  Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Valued Contributor

I bought mine from QVC.  Best $20.00 I ever spent.