Trusted Contributor

This is a nice video review, (and a nice plum cake recipe) of the Cook's Companion mixer from Evine. It sold out when presented as a TSV, but I see they have some more in the blue. I have a big KitchenAid and a bunch of attachments-I can't justify this purchase, and believe me-I tried! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c86wJnYPdsI

Respected Contributor

Re: Open top affordable mixer

Thanks for posting that.  I bought one of those mixers and it was delivered yesterday.  That cake recipe sounds wonderful, I may have to make that my first test!

Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Thanks for posting that.  I bought one of those mixers and it was delivered yesterday.  That cake recipe sounds wonderful, I may have to make that my first test!

Please give us your feedback. I'm so intrigued with this mixer, but I need it like a hole in the head.

Respected Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Please give us your feedback. I'm so intrigued with this mixer, but I need it like a hole in the head.

I will.

I don't have enough counter space for the kitchen aid to stay out and it was so heavy I couldn't manage pulling it out and getting it up on the counter when my arthritis was flaring in my hands.  I gave it to my dil as she does a lot of baking.  I've missed having a mixer ever since.

Frequent Contributor

Great demonstration! You are so patient and really explain each and every detail. The cake looks absolutely YUM!

Thanks for sharing.

I don't get the Evine Channel, but will look for some You Tube videos on their products.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for posting.   I saw the original showing, I'm fascinated.   It would be so easy to store.   I have my mom's old Sunbeam with a similar profile to the big fancy Kitchen Aid type mixers but the Sunbeam is smaller.   I need a mixer like I need another hole in my head but I love this!

@Lacey1 wrote:

This is a nice video review, (and a nice plum cake recipe) of the Cook's Companion mixer from Evine. It sold out when presented as a TSV, but I see they have some more in the blue. I have a big KitchenAid and a bunch of attachments-I can't justify this purchase, and believe me-I tried! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c86wJnYPdsI

Trusted Contributor

@Shopster3 wrote:

Great demonstration! You are so patient and really explain each and every detail. The cake looks absolutely YUM!

Thanks for sharing.

I don't get the Evine Channel, but will look for some You Tube videos on their products.

Please! That's not me in the video but a lovely YouTube lady. Check Evine on their website for more info!

Respected Contributor

The videographer says that she has a site.  What is it?

Trusted Contributor

Her YouTube channel is, "Hands that cook'.

Frequent Contributor

Didn't know, thanks for sharing the product info.