Respected Contributor

Lofthouse Sugar Cookies Question

My  husband loves the Lofthouse sugar cookies with frosting so I always got him a box on the Holidays. I went to 5 different supermarkets and this brand was not to be found anywhere. It seems the supermarkets are now making there own cookies looks just like the original but I wanted the Lofthouse because I  know there brand is good and wasn't willing to try a store brand.

I contacted the company waiting for a response. But, just wondering if anyone knows if they are discontinuing making the sugar cookies. I see they have other cookies by this brand now but they don't look that appetizing to me.Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Lofthouse Sugar Cookies Question

I just googled it and Lofthouse is available at WalMart and Target.

Honored Contributor

I get them at Walmart but I think they no longer have the name "Lofthouse" on them.  Same cookies as always though.  They are in the deli.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Here's a recipe posted on the forums. I have never tried it. There were no replies to the post.

Lofthouse Sugar Cookies & Frosting

These are so good. Just like the Lofthouse store bought.

Cookies
1 French vanilla cake mix

1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Icing
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened

1/3 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk
4 cups powdered sugar

To make cookies combine ingredients with an electric mixer. The dough will be stiff enough to roll into 1-inch balls. Place balls on a silicone mat or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten balls to about 1/2-inch thick. Bake cookies in a preheated 325 degrees F. oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until somewhat firm in the center. Remove from oven and cool before frosting.

Make icing by combing all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Add food coloring, if desired. Spread on cookies with a spatula and add sprinkles if you like.

When icing has set store cookies in a tightly sealed plastic container (such as LnL). This will give the cookies their cakey texture after several hours.

Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.

Valued Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

I just talked to a friend that works wholesale grocery and that warehouse has 21 different Lofthouse sugar cookie designs for the holidays.

Respected Contributor

Hi,

I did go to Walmart this morning, but they are not Lofthouse they are the stoer brand. Thanks

Respected Contributor

I went to Both Walmart and Target this morning and I also Googled it before I went, but they re there own store brand. I was very disappointed. As they did show the Lofthouse packaging but they are not them.Thanks

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting the recipe that was so nice of you. I will give it a try sometime. Thank you

Respected Contributor

Could it be that the stores I went to were all sold out?That sounds like a lot of cookie designs not to find them anywhere. Thank you for this info. Much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Hi,

I did go to Walmart this morning, but they are not Lofthouse they are the stoer brand. Thanks

@cuddlesmama.  As I said above, they are exactly the same cookies at Walmart as they've always been.  I have a package in my kitchen right now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment