Honored Contributor

Twice I have had a tab break on a lid.

In each case, I returned to L&L for a warranty replacement.

L & L has Limited LIfetime Warranty on their products!

I paid a couple bucks to mail back.

You MUST have your QVC receipt, NO exceptions.

They promptly replaced.

**Side Note:  Do NOT trust QVC history to store that invoice for you!  The further you go back, the more inconsistent it is.

SAVE your L&L receipt in a file!

Honored Contributor

L&L is freezer-safe, but you do have to be extra careful when opening the tabs immediately after removing it from the freezer. Also, try not drop a frozen L&L.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have never had a tab break and I've been using these from pretty much the beginning.  My only problem has been one set of square ones where the tabs were just too hard to close.  I finally dumped them and still use the rest. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

L&L is freezer-safe, but you do have to be extra careful when opening the tabs immediately after removing it from the freezer. Also, try not drop a frozen L&L.

I have two with broken tabs and in both cases I dropped them as I was taking them out of the freezer. I didn't send mine back, as they still work fine with a tab missing.

My word of caution is to thoroughly cool the food before closing the tabs.  I was transporting a large round container to my mom's apartment for dinner - I guess the steam broke the seal and it leaked all over my trunk.

Lesson learned.

~ house cat ~