Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock and lock egg holder

I use it for hard boiled eggs only.

Valued Contributor

I have never had a problem with mold or anything else.

Respected Contributor

I didn't like them for two reasons.  1)  Moisture would build up on the inside, and 2)  I couldn't just grab the carton, flip up the lid, grab an egg, and push the lid back down all while standing at the fridge.I had to take the whole L&L container out of the fridge, place it on the counter, remove the lid, remove the egg, put the lid back on, and then put it in the fridge.  

Trusted Contributor

@angelina maria I have the Lock n Lock egg holder.  It has little air holes all through it.  It's not airtight/watertight like typical Lock n Lock storage containers. No worries, the eggs are breathing Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I have 2 of these and they keep for several weeks. 

Valued Contributor

They're clean. Thst is a good reason.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had that L&L egg keeper for  years (or at least an earlier version of it) and only use it for deviled eggs.

Never have  seen a moisture buildup or mold.  I wash the container and lid on top rack of the dishwasher--and let them dry completely-- before putting them away.  Those L&L silicone seals sometimes need a long time to fully dry.

I see no need to put fresh uncooked eggs in a closed container like that.  The foam or cardboard trays that the stores provide are fine with me until the eggs are cooked.

Esteemed Contributor

I have used the Lock &Lock egg holders for years & never had a problem ... the eggs are protected in the egg holders 😀

Respected Contributor

I had this and used it but stopped because I noticed mold on the eggshells in a short period of time. That has never ever happened with the cardboard container.

These might be nice to transport deviled eggs but that's about it.

Super Contributor

Re: LocknLock egg holder

[ Edited ]

@angelina maria I have the LocknLock egg storage container, but I don't use it anymore. The reason is because it holds too much condensation on the eggs and on the inside cover of the container.  Hopefully, after not using it for about 3 years, I can find something else to use it for.