Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if keeping eggs in this is a good idea. I thought they have to breathe but I am not sure. Tia.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock and lock egg holder

I use them.  They are sturdy enough to be stackable, which frees up a little space in my fridge.

Honored Contributor

Never heard that.  But I don't see the point of taking eggs out of the carton to put them in another tray or container.  I never keep the egg tray that comes with a new refrigerator.  I find them annoying.

Honored Contributor

I have had the egg holder for awhile and do not have a problem with keeping eggs in it.  In fact I prefer this holder for the eggs rather than the carton eggs are in when bought.  

Respected Contributor

I have an 18 count and I always put my eggs in it.  For one thing it's a sturdy container and if I get a little wobbly it doesn't tear or break apart like the cardboard kind.  I've had this since they came out.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about eggs needing to breathe........but I was told e-ons ago that it's best to keep eggs in their cardboard containers....as supplied by egg producers.

Personally I wouldn't use hard plastic or rubber materials.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I don't know about eggs needing to breathe........but I was told e-ons ago that it's best to keep eggs in their cardboard containers....as supplied by egg producers.

Personally I wouldn't use hard plastic or rubber materials.

I heard the same except it said because you shouldn't put them in the door egg tray. You should keep them on the fridge shelf.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions. I appeciate them.

Honored Contributor

I have used a L&L egg keeper for many years, but I have to put a paper towel over the eggs, otherwise I get mold in the container and I use about a dozen eggs a week, so it's not like they get old.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I have used the egg holders for years with no problem - have never seen mold. I like them because I can stack other things on top. The only caveat I have is that the lid is not high enough for jumbo eggs.