Super Contributor

Friend at work did the same thing and she could not get the cover off.  She then tried putting it back in the microware for a few seconds and the top released... It did work because I was there.  From now on put the lid upside down... Good luck and let me know...

Respected Contributor

You created a vacuum..if you wait till it cools down you should be able to get the lid off..I have had this happen in microwave...my bad, but what I didn't expect was putting not totally cooled down food in the L &L, sealing it and putting it in the fridge..Even that creates a (lesser) vacuum....

Frequent Contributor

I have had to throw away some bowls that I nuked things in, bottoms of the bowl got all scruffy and were never able to be clean again.  I don't recommend using tomato type products for storing in L&L, stained several of mine.  Several of my lids have lost their tabs.  Of course none of these little problems occurred during the 30 day try-outSmiley Happy

I love the small (1c) bowls and use them for so many things, I have several sets and just have to quit with L&L.  No more room!

Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock

[ Edited ]

I've had that happen and had to throw out the bowl. The whole bowl lid became so deformed that I couldn't use it again! Lesson learned.

Now I want Lock and lock to make removable write on labels. I have items in the freezer that I don't remember what's in them. And even in my dry storage, I'd like to be able to write the cooking instructions on things. They also need to make a slotted lid rack where lids can be organized by sizes and shapes. I don't keep my lids on the items because they take up too much room. Right now I'm using a big storage bin to contain all the lids, but finding the right size is still difficult.  MAYBE THE LIDS AND BOTTOMS SHould HAVE A NUMBER oR LETTER ON THEM SO YOU'D KNOW THAT BOwl A GOES WITH LID A. What a great idea!

Valued Contributor

I write on a piece of paper what is in my lock and lock and before I put it in the freezer I use some packing tape and tape it on the lid.

Respected Contributor

To identify what's iin a container that I'm to freeze, I use small address labels that come on a sheet and you peel off and stick to an envelope.  They stick to the lid of a L&L container, too, and easily peel off, leaving no residue behind.