Occasional Contributor

I just came across Lock and Lock over the weekend, for those who already own, can you tell me where the product is made and if you would recommend?

Honored Contributor

USA (according to their website)

YUP

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I really don't think any L&L is made in the US.

The company originated in S. Korea.   For a long time they all seemed to  be made there.    Over the years I have received some that are made in Vietnam and lately much of it seems to be from China.

The good thing is that over all the years I've been purchasing L&L, the quality has remained the same.   I wouldn't want to be without them.

Between L&L and vacuum sealing, ALL my foods are stored wonderfully, and I'm an absolute NUT for proper food storage.  Smiley Happy    

No other plastic containers I've seen have been the same quality as L&L.  Some of them also claim to be liquid and airtight but I've found that that didn't hold true with any I've tried.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt. I agree with all you have said.  They wear like iron and I have used them for years.  As a retired widow they really come in handy for freezing small meals so that I donot have to eat the same thing for days.  They are great gifts for my family, especially when a piece comes with bake goodies included.   They were great this summer.  You could throw your L&L full of salad into the ice chest and know that there would never be a leak.

Respected Contributor

I have used L&L for years but have recently discovered this fabulous set; fantastic nesting and they are air tight!

Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Esteemed Contributor

@adidasangel98 .... I have tons of L&L & would highly recommend them .... I don't know where they are made ... my guess would be China which usually turns me off but, in the case of L&L I make an exception!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think what ended up happening, since they continued to come from S. Korea for quite a while, is that SK couldn't keep up with making enough for what QVC  was selling, thus having most of it made in China now - at least for US sales.

The good thing is that they have not allowed the quality to change.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Have used it for many years.  No complaints.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much to every one who has replied, I tend not to buy from China as well, but there has been a few items that I have seen that is making it hard to resist. Again, thank you for detailed responses. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your night or pending where you are Good Morning!

Esteemed Contributor

I am tempted to buy them and throw out all my old Tupperware.....

My cupboard with them drives me nuts....