Honored Contributor

Le Creuset Cleaner - is it worth purchasing?

My LC vessels are developing splatters on the outside that are hard to remove. I've tried a paste of baking soda and water, but it doesn't work very well and I'm afraid to ruin the finish.

I see there is a cleaner specific for LC cookware.

Is it worth the $20 purchase price?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset Cleaner - is it worth purchasing?

Nope. I bought some and I think it was a waste of money

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

My LC vessels are developing splatters on the outside that are hard to remove. I've tried a paste of baking soda and water, but it doesn't work very well and I'm afraid to ruin the finish.

I see there is a cleaner specific for LC cookware.

Is it worth the $20 purchase price?

Thank you.

Yep.  I don't know any other cleaner that gets the brown stains off of the inside of the pen. You just use a tiny bit only if your washing liquid doesn't work.  

Respected Contributor

Try Bio Cleaner - I got it a few years ago - I use it on my glass top stove - won't scratch - look on Amazon or one of the shopping channels - not sure where I got it - it lasts forever!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat

A short soak or rubdown on stains with plain white vinegar works for me.  (Probably wouldn't want the vinegar touching the exposed iron rims of the pot for long, though, as that might cause rust.)

I occasionally use the citric-acid-based liquid Barkeeper's Friend cleanser.  Don't be too afraid of ruining the finish on LC.  It's tough stuff and can withstand hard use.  I occasionally put mine through the dishwasher and it comes out fine.  (I use Finish dishwasher pods, if that makes a difference.)

Perhaps your  decision on whether to buy the pricey LC cleanser will be easier if you can find out what ingredients it has----if it's acid-based, then plain  vinegar or citric-acid-based cleansers will probably do the same job for less money.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat

Thought I'd better add one more thought....... It's probably not ever wise to use any abrasive cleanser on enameled cast iron.  That means avoiding the Barkeeper's Friend version in powder form that is good for scouring stains off of metal or stainless steel.  Use only the liquid version with citric acid, or maybe the other BK  type with oxalic acid.  I'm pretty sure the LC brand of cleanser is acid-based.......can't imagine any other type  that would be safe and useful for that cookware.

Honored Contributor

Not worth it in my world. Too heavy for me and way too pricey. I'm not much for brand names either. I bought a knock off from Martha Stewart and that thing is like concrete to left and carry around. It chips and the inside is all stained. Don't know if LC is better than that but that wouldn't make a difference anyway. I'm cured!!!

Valued Contributor

And the little scrubbies from the Q that was made famous from Shark Tank.

Smiley Faced ones....safe to use on everything I've tried so far, and thats

been A Lot...Lol

Monketoes

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Not worth it in my world. Too heavy for me and way too pricey. I'm not much for brand names either. I bought a knock off from Martha Stewart and that thing is like concrete to left and carry around. It chips and the inside is all stained. Don't know if LC is better than that but that wouldn't make a difference anyway. I'm cured!!!

The cleaner is too heavy and expensive? The bottle isn't more than 8 ounces. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Monketoes wrote:

And the little scrubbies from the Q that was made famous from Shark Tank.

Smiley Faced ones....safe to use on everything I've tried so far, and thats

been A Lot...Lol

Monketoes

I'm never without them. I buy them at BB&B - the best I've ever found for cookware.

~ house cat ~