Respected Contributor

Suggestions please grill/roast vegetables

With grilling season coming to an end soon I am starting my hunt.

We love grilled and/or roasted vegetables.  

When making a big potion I use the oven, however for a small serving that seems like a waste.

I am looking for other options -perhaps a George Forman gadget or a Wolfgang pressure oven?  

Any suggestions or reviews would be appreciated.

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions please grill/roast vegetables

Go here for 26.  Just google what you want to know and they'l all come up.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/roasted-vegetables-slideshow

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Go here for 26.  Just google what you want to know and they'l all come up.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/roasted-vegetables-slideshow

I must be doing something wrong, the link is taking me to recipes for grilling and roasting vegetables.

I am looking for recommendations for countertop grilling/roasting applicances for when I can not grill outside or want to turn on the oven to make a small portion 

Esteemed Contributor

I grilled veggies on my George Foreman.  They came out soggy.  I don't know how else to describe it.  Maybe I should have left the top open for the air circulation.  It was not something I wanted to repeat.

I roast a variety of veggies in the oven.  Whatever fresh vegetables are left in the fridge on shopping day get chopped, coated with balsamic and olive oil, and roasted until delicious.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Why not use a grill pan?  

Product Details

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the stove top grill pan.  The veggies come out crisp, nicely marked, and it's easy to clean!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

With grilling season coming to an end soon I am starting my hunt.

We love grilled and/or roasted vegetables.  

When making a big potion I use the oven, however for a small serving that seems like a waste.

I am looking for other options -perhaps a George Forman gadget or a Wolfgang pressure oven?  

Any suggestions or reviews would be appreciated.

TIA

@Abrowneyegirl if you are looking to grill veggies with a small appliance I couldn't recommend an air fryer more.  They do a great job of rapid frying veggies among other things.  I love mine.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with Mfc, and that's a major use for my air-fryer-especially for lunch. I can make veggies on a whim. 

We too love roasted and grilled veggies. One strategy is to go ahead and make a couple of huge batches in your oven in hopes it will last a couple of days....( I say "in hopes of" because they are so ridiculously good, even cold! They find their way into salads and wraps.....no question, they are better for you and taste better than chips).

I have a Cuisinart Griddler and I have made grilled veggies on it.  I suppose you can make it on any indoor grill, but it really is not efficient for large amounts. Turn up your grill as high as it will go,, and make sure droplets of water dance on the surface. Either too your vegetables in a little oil or BRUSH your grill with oil. Something like a "Misto" will work, but do not use any of the finely missed non-stick spray.  I do not know why, but it seems to be the kiss of death to anything labeled "non-stick".....and away you go.

I will just mention grilling potato slices are a little challenging although I have made fantastic home fries and hash browns. Consider microwaving potato planks or wedges first.  Do that early on in your day and stash them in your fridge. I find doing that makes them golden.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I have a Decosonic counter convection oven that I've had forever. I think I bought it from the Q....It has the fan on the lid of the thing. That is what I grill my vegs in and it works great. It has a rack in the bottom and extra metal rings to add height to it when doing larger, bulkier things. It is the best for roasting big taters as I put oil on the skin and then salt and pepper and it makes the skin really toasty and crisp.  I put all sorts of squash in it too, that turns out fabulous. I don't have alot of luck with roasting vegs in the oven. Would rather not crank that thing up at all. This saves alot of space and time for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Poodlepet2, can you clarify what you said about potatoes, please? How thick planks? How long in microwave? Then how long on the grill pan? And do you brush with oil? Thanks--I really want to try this--preferably without trial and error, and error, and error!