Contributor

Am I the only one that has this problem- I love lock and lock but I can only get 3 sides to close and lock no matter how I re-align the lid.  It's a shame- I would like to buy more but  this is an issue for me. 

Honored Contributor

I have lots of Lock and Lock and have never experienced the problem you describe.  Can't imagine the cause of your issue.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

It has happened to me with the large rectangles, like the fridge pieces.  

They can be shut, but sometimes it requires getting the lid on exactly "right".

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I've had the same problems in larger rectangle pieces, and mostly in the newer ones (my older ones don't have that problem). I think they are simply not made as well as they were a number of years ago. And I still find the ones with colored lids to have lesser quality locks and seals than the original clear ones that have the blue seals. Those blue seals are much thicker and more substantial than the clear seals. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've found with some of the square ones that I have to put it in exactly the right position, press down on the middle of the lid and simultaneously snap the two sides together.  Can't do it, if I try to snap one, then the other.

I had so many of the tabs break off on the multiple sets of Lock & Lock that I bought, that I stopped buying it and switched to another brand.  (Oddly enough, it was only ever on the square ones; never on the round lids.)

Esteemed Contributor

I have the same problem with many of my L&L....like the other poster..never had that issue with the old ones...just the newer ones with the color lids...

I don't know how Chris manages to do it so easily when she is presenting them...and she does it one handed...gracious...I struggle using both hands...

Frequent Contributor

Interesting, This JUST happened to me to night. Went to put a round one in the fridge, could not get One side to snap!! My husband finally got it snapped. I bought a set awhile ago and 2 lids had a Snap BREAK Off!!!  I have cheap ones from Job Lots for years and never had a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

I've had the same problems in larger rectangle pieces, and mostly in the newer ones (my older ones don't have that problem). I think they are simply not made as well as they were a number of years ago. And I still find the ones with colored lids to have lesser quality locks and seals than the original clear ones that have the blue seals. Those blue seals are much thicker and more substantial than the clear seals. 

@Mominohio I agree ... the ones with the color lids are not as strong as the clear lids ... the quality is much better with the clear lids!!!

Honored Contributor

I have had maybe one out of a set that has this issue.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Stopped buying them when I couldn't latch all sides.  I don't put them in the dishwasher either.  I buy the ones at WM and love them.  They are made so much better.