Regular Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock TSV - I bought two sets. Anyone else?

I got 2 sets. I forgot I had 2 sets from last year. Shipping and tax brought the total to over $52. Debating on if I should keep the lock & lock and just use the bags. I sure do not like giving it away.

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

Whew! It's the first time I sat down all day.

As promised, here's the pizelle recipe.

I got this one from a website (click here), but mine is pretty much the same. I use lemon extract rather than anise, just because I don't care for anise. You can sprinkle them with powdered sugar, or not. I like mine plain, but if I'm making them for a party, I'll jazz them up with some sugar.

Also, there are recipes available for chocolate ones as well.  My friend makes them and dips them into chocolate so they are half coated and half not.  Lots of possibilities.

INGREDIENTS
YIELD72 cookies
  • Batter
  • 6large eggs
  • 1 1⁄4cups granulated sugar (I have used 3/4 to 1 1/4 cups sugar..they come crispier with the larger amount)
  • 3⁄4cup salad oil (canola oil)
  • 1 3⁄4cups all-purpose flour
  • 3tablespoons anise flavoring or 3 tablespoons anise oil

DIRECTIONS
  1. Beat eggs until thick and lemony coloured.
  2. Add in, beating well the sugar and beat until thick, beat in the oil and continue beating.
  3. Add in the flour.
  4. Add in the flavour.
  5. Heat the pizzelle maker on stove top, or if electric plug in unit.
  6. Drop tablespoon of batter onto iron and bake until golden light brown in colour.
  7. I like mine very light.
  8. Remove and cool on wire rack.

You will need a pizelle iron like this one:

pizeel iron.jpeg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

These sets are soooo adorable but I wouldn't even be able to give away one set now that we have moved away and are retired. Enjoy yours!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

No more lock and lock for me until I wear out what I have.   When I tossed Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers several years ago, I purchased several round and several square sets in different sizes to start my collection.  I also have larger size lock and lock for cereal and pasta, as well as flour, sugar and cornmeal.  My family insists on using several of the cereal size bowls in the microwave, and when these start looking really bad, I toss them.  For now I am still well stocked on these containers, and will not buy anything else.   

New Contributor

I bought two sets, will use them to fill with cookies and other treats.  My family looks forward to Lock & Lock gifts with goodies from me, can't go wrong with that!!  Last year was a hit and I know this year will be the same. 

Honored Contributor

mine are due to arrive tomorrow.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I checked the status and mine are out for delivery so they should be on my porch when I get home from work this evening.  Not sure yet if I will keep all the bowls and use the bags for other gifts, I thought about giving 3 of the bowls and bags to the girls at work with homemade goodies in them for Christmas gifts and keeping 3 of the bowls for myself.  I guess once I see them, I will know if I can bear to part with any of them or not.  Looking forward to seeing them this evening.

Frequent Contributor

My neighbor in Fl. used to make pizelles every year at Christmas.  They were delicious.  I miss them.