Respected Contributor

I bought some Lock & Lock and have found that they crack and stain easily.  The company was good about sending replacement pieces.  I feel like they are an inferior product.  I much prefer sets I've gotten at Costco.  Glass and plastic.  I've had no problems with them and they are several years old now.

Occasional Contributor

I like so many of you could open my own lock & lock store.  It's almost embarrassing.  But the reason I'm writing is I want even more but, it seems stock is not being replendished so even if the product you wavt is available you can't get your color.  The only new set I've seen which I bought is the square set and that was months ago now.  Please get more!

Regular Contributor

Rumor has it that the TSV on Sept 2nd will be Lock & Lock - just don't know what it is. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock

[ Edited ]

I have a tall pantry and several cabinets where I keep my lock'n locks

I started buying these around 15 yrs ago - and my pantry always looks neat and I could see what's inside.

Right now, in my pantry:

Several tall, cereal-sized containers

I also use these for pasta

Cookies

Rice

Coffee Beans

Chocolates

Marshmallows

I also use a larger, rectangular size for dry dog food

One of my favorite sizes is: 10-1/2" tall x 5-1/4" wide x 5" deep. It came in a set of 4 but one cracked when I took it out of the freezer in my garage and it dropped on the slab. I still have 3. I buy a lot of bread when I shop at Costco, ie, bagels, rye bread, grain bread, etc. I cut the bagels (or rolls) in half and freeze it - along with the other bread. When I'm ready to eat breakfast, I pop the bagel/roll in the toaster.

I have a small set of nesting lock'n locks (rectangular) - tangerine color

I have all different sizes and various colors

I also have several containers in my freezer - for donuts, sticks of butter

If it could be frozen, it's in my freezer OR in my pantry.

I once had ants in my pantry -- and none got into the lock'n lock

Never had any container leak.

Keeps all my food FRESH.

I don't care for the round size

Valued Contributor

Recently bought a L&L set and they came with an instruction statement that said that the tops aren't microwaveable though the bottoms are. 

I keep mine out of the microwave. I also don't use them to store food with tomato sauce. 

Respected Contributor

I have never used a better product.

They have never leaked for me . I did have one little lock break off when I dropped it from the freezer. I just use it for dry goods now.

They keep creatures out and are wonderful in the pantry.

I have many colors . One certainly has a choice.

I have no idea the # I own except a lot.

When starting my collection I planned to be very organized and buy ones that would nest and I would know exactly where they were. Like most of my plans for organization it went astray . I found it tedious to click,click, click, them to nest. Now my plan of action is to nest them if they start falling on my head !Smiley Happy

They do scar in the microwave if using red sauces or heating for much more than a couple of minutes --reheating . I am planning on trying some of the glass ones.

Oh --&  when reheating just lay the lid upside down as Chris shows . If put the other way the lid seals and can bring about language that most mothers taught to not use.

I found when given as gifts they are recieved happily.