Contributor

Lock & Lock tall storage containers

I was watching David last night, and Chris was on with the tall storage containers.  The smaller one reminded me of the one I currently have outside.  Bought it YEARS ago, and keep my barbecuing spices in it.  It sits outside all summer, and I have never had a problem with clumping or clogging.  I bet that thing is at least 10 years old; I think I got it at Walmart when they used to sell Lock & Lock in stores.  It's held up perfectly exposed to the elements year after year.

I attached some pictures of it.... Notice the Lock & Lock label still on the top.  The size is 88 oz's. so I think it IS the same size as the smaller on in the tall storage set.

When i saw the presentation and thought of my container, I thought also I would share the thought on the use.  Spices always handy at the barbecue!

20160914_183026.jpg20160914_183016.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock tall storage containers

Just when I joined the L&L 12 step program, you post this...

Now I'll have to take a look.

I missed the show last night - thought I was safe ...

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I just watched the presentation.  I like those shapes and sizes, but most colors are sold out. If the pearl was available I would have ordered them.

Maybe next time around.

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

I have several sets of these and others, when they start to look worn I use for odds and ends around house, I do like these tall canisters.

Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Just when I joined the L&L 12 step program, you post this...

Now I'll have to take a look.

I missed the show last night - thought I was safe ...

Ha-ha!  Me too.  I was able to resist the last TSV as I have so many bowls already.  I've actually started using a few pieces of my lock & lock for long term storage of things (I used to be hesitant on tying up my lock & lock long term!).  I ordered a couple of the bags recently... K44839.  Should be here tomorrow.  I already had K42803 bags, and really liked them for shopping.  So I ordered these new ones to add to that collection also.

Lord help us when they come out with another new item!!!

Contributor

I spoke too quickly about long term storage.  I did use that one lock & lock from long ago for those grilling spices.  But that's the only one. My newer ones from QVC I don't just keep paper clips or something in.... Might need that one for a lunch goodie!

Honored Contributor

This size holds a whole package of my dog's food. And a whole package of flour. I love that size. One also held all the small package ingredients for cookies so they were all together. I had no idea I'd use them all the time, and I do.

The tall slim ones are great too for the English muffins, different chips and snacks.

Just a few of my ideas.

Valued Contributor

That is a really great idea! Thanks so much for sharing. I love my Lock & Lock too but never thought to use it for something like that.