Regular Contributor

I've always been a big fan of L&L.  This past Christmas I ordered two sets of the containers with gift bags.  Each set had broken lids that would not close properly.  I ended up keeping the sets anyway as it was crunch time and I had to put baked gifts together.

This past month I ordered a set of square containers.  So far two of the lids broke completely - just snapped off!  They're going back but it's more trouble than it's worth.  Has anyone else had issues or is my luck just bad?

Betty

Honored Contributor

I haven't had anything break, but getting the lid on has been an issue with the newer sets.  They aren't made as well as older models.  My drawer has sets from different years.

Valued Contributor

As my L&L gets older I tend to make sure that I make sure that the seal is properly in the top of the lid.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

I bought a set when it was a tsv in the fall and I really wasn't impressed with the quality and wouldn't purchase anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

I got one set that already had a tab broken off....

Honored Contributor

I have learned a lot about Lock and Lock quality 

First, certain tab styles are very weak. I prefer the tabs that have slots that lock down over tabs on the base. The ones that don't are much thinner, don't seal as well, and break easier. 

I tend to avoid or at least really look closely at any TSV they have. They have had so many of them that are the cheaper kind, thinner bases too, that are flexible and don't last. I've received several of those kinds of TSV's with the tabs broken just in shipping. 

I bought the bags and bowls, and the bags and rectangles this past year for holiday (and the spring and fall ones too) and found the containers to be very high quality, thick and heavy. It's a shame the quality isn't consistent anymore.