Trusted Contributor

Lenox/Reed & Barton-did not know under one "roof"

While searching on the Lenox website, I noticed a Reed & Barton section.  After researching, it seems that Lenox acquired them in 2015.  Reed & 
Barton is continuing to develop thier product with financial support coming from Lenox.  And Lenox is under the umbrella of a Capital...managing group.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lenox/Reed & Barton-did not know under one "roof"

I have Lenox china before it sold out and started making its wares abroad.  The newer pieces are not the same in my opinion and I might wonder about Reed and Barton. 

Nothing like the good ol USA products.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't pay for the Reed & Barton OR the Lenox China names UNLESS they were made in the US and had a DIRECT CONNECTION to the original companies.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

I wouldn't pay for the Reed & Barton OR the Lenox China names UNLESS they were made in the US and had a DIRECT CONNECTION to the original companies.

I don't think either brand has been made in the states for some time. Does anyone have any links to information about where and when manufacturing moved overseas? 

Ebay and flea/antique markets for the good old original stuff!

Honored Contributor

Are you talking about stainless flatware?  I remember seeing a documentary that stated all production from all companies has left the US.  I don't remember the date.