Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Respectfully pass. I really don't understand how this super heavy, difficult to wash (and tends to stick and stain) and is very expensive cookware can be superior to other brands such as Curtis Stone. That brand is light and easy to handle, is always non-stick, cooks anything beautifully and is both stovetop and oven-safe, and is reasonably priced...  Its personal preference, but why do you guys prefer LC? Just wondering!?  

@Skyegirl21 LC doesn't stick and stain if you learn how to use it.  It is beautiful and cooks wonderfully.

Possibly a lot depends on how you cook, how good a cook you are and whether you enjoy it or not.  If you mostly use a skillet or boil things in a pot, use a lot of frozen foods and things that are better in the air fryer, probably not a joy and good investment for you.

If you do a lot of roasting, soups and chili dishes, braising, then these are great.  We use our LC grill pans a lot to make cornbread and to grill then finish in the oven meats like steaks, chops etc.  The minute we take a steak out of the grill pan, we pour VERY hot water in it and clean-up is a breeze. We have a collection of All Clad--which we seldom use now. 

For the LC pieces we put them in the sink, fill with hot water, add dish detergent and let them sit awhile and they swipe clean IF we haven't burned food in them.  We enjoy cooking, it is important to our life and we love using these pretty pots!  

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen   I'm responding to all of your points about Le Creuset specifically -- I agree 100%.

I don't have what could be called a collection, I have three pieces, but I love each one!  The oldest one is about 20 years old.  I cook in my Le Creuset every single day.  I use it properly and I've never had a sticking or discoloring issue.  My two dutch ovens, and one braiser with glass lid, look like new today.

Respected Contributor

One thing I forgot to mention...if you DO replace those glass cook and look vented lids that QVC sold with some LC in years past....if they have a LC Stainless steel knob, save it. Save ANY knob for that matter!! It just unscrews easily.

That stainless steel knob is good for higher temps than the black phenolic knobs. And if you replace that glass lid with one you find on Ebay for instance, you can install that stainless steel knob on it if it doesn't already have one.

Also..the 3.5 qt braiser that QVC sold a few years back was the Signature line, not the Classic like today's offering.

I got mine then in the emerald, and got an oyster domed cast iron lid on Ebay to replace the glass lid The oyster lid was perfect, and as I recall, cost about 90.00 with shipping and tax.

It's a pretty combination, and now the braiser cooks as it was designed to do!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset TSV

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 I just looked at the TSV and laughed because we used that one last (correction we used the bigger one, but because we cook for several meals) night for chicken thighs and wild rice blend and made veggie lasagna in a LC 9 x 13 ceramic pan with lid.

We browned the thighs, removed from the today's special type pan, stirred in the wild rice blend, cooked a minute or two with onions, put the thighs back in and combined water and leftover beef broth and a little sprinkle of brown gravy mix then poured over the chicken and rice, put the lid on and gently cooked until the chicken and rice were done.

It was SO good!  We used Lundberg Wild Rice Blend.  The lasagna was good too--and it's for this week! 

Respected Contributor

Years ago when I used to hunt for goodies outside and resell them on Craigslist I found a brand new LC stockpot someone had thrown out.

I had no idea what it was but I did look it up and I sold it to a chef for 50.00! He literally ran over to buy it. lol  

I wish I had kept it because I do like to cook but oh well.