Valued Contributor

I received mine today and the lid has a dent it it!!! Called CS, they don't have a replacement but I'm definitely sending this back.  

Valued Contributor

85066251-6429-41AA-A3A6-0C4D20002944.jpeg

Valued Contributor

You can see the dent. I'm so bummed out. The vessel looks nice but the lid is ******.  

Honored Contributor

That's disappointing.  Make sure you get a FULL refund.  Shipping both ways.

Respected Contributor

@Glitter51 

What a disappointment!    I was worried about those lids, on the regular Le Creuset the lid is the same material as the pot so it just couldn't get dented.

Was your box dented?  Could of been UPS had a "party" with yours.

Valued Contributor

@Just Bling - the box was intact. The lid is very lightweight. 

Respected Contributor

Just an FYI for anyone who does NOT care for that cheap glass lid ( which is NOT a Le Creuset product....)

You can purchase a cast iron LID ONLY on Ebay. Look for a Number 32 cast iron lid. If you look at the bottom of this TSV, you will see the number 32. The lid has to match.

You may not be able to get the same color as your pot, but if you just want a tight fitting cast iron lid ( like they USED to sell)...this is the way to do it.

SOME Number 32 lids indicate they are for a five quart pot ( this TSV is 7 qt.) The quart size is irrelevant to the lid size. The number 32 lid will fit this pot.

Yes they are expensive, which I think is why QVC went to these cheap glass lids, which are used by ALL the makers today on the infomercials ( Ninja, Emeril, etc....)

I prefer the cast iron lid for this pot. I am thinking of buying an entire Number 32 size pot so I can get the lid AND another vessel to cook in.

Hope this helps!!!

Search for "Le Creuset Number 32 lid only" or if you want the whole pot with the lid, Le Creuset Number 32 cast iron pot/dutch oven"

Honored Contributor

I think this pot would have looked better if they had somehow been able to frame the glass lid with a coordinating colored,  enamel-rimmed lid.  I believe this lid is taken right from their stainless steel line.  I like the concept but I don't love the look.

Super Contributor

Is there a Le Creuset customer service number included with your shipment?  I expect to receive mine today, so I'm not sure if they send a brochure with contact information.  If so, maybe they could send you a replacement lid. 

When I ordered my KitchenAid chopper, the package arrived in perfect condition, but the chopper bowl had a large piece that had broken off, as if it had been dropped on the floor at the factory.  The missing piece was not in the box.  I called KitchenAid customer service, and they took down all the information and promptly send me a new bowl. 

Good luck!  😊

Honored Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

Is there a Le Creuset customer service number included with your shipment?  I expect to receive mine today, so I'm not sure if they send a brochure with contact information.  If so, maybe they could send you a replacement lid. 

When I ordered my KitchenAid chopper, the package arrived in perfect condition, but the chopper bowl had a large piece that had broken off, as if it had been dropped on the floor at the factory.  The missing piece was not in the box.  I called KitchenAid customer service, and they took down all the information and promptly send me a new bowl. 

Good luck!  😊

Good thought.  I bet if the OP sent a picture LC would send a replacement lid.