Respected Contributor

I can see OP's point. The hosts always hype the Made in France association with LeCreuset, but YES the 

Host should specifically state the stoneware is made in China to the parent company specs. Now that would solve any miscommunication 👍

Valued Contributor

Was this the pie dishes under "Private Access" last week? Those items listed under there say cannot return. But I remember looking at the pie dishes; I'm pretty sure the description said made in France. I have many Le Creuset stoneware and I know 95% of it is made in southeast Asia, so I questioned why they said it was made in France.

And, I also know, I've had a few pieces crack on me just like any other stoneware I have had, like Fiestaware etc. So it may carry the name, but it is not any much better than others,  it all depends if the factory fired it correctly. I take care of them all the same, some last for years and won't die, others just a couple of years. Truth be told, I have one stoneware piece from the Blue Jean Chef, and it's the best so far, cleans easily and has held up for years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset - Beware

[ Edited ]

@Nomore wrote:

Was this the pie dishes under "Private Access" last week? Those items listed under there say cannot return. But I remember looking at the pie dishes; I'm pretty sure the description said made in France. I have many Le Creuset stoneware and I know 95% of it is made in southeast Asia, so I questioned why they said it was made in France.

And, I also know, I've had a few pieces crack on me just like any other stoneware I have had, like Fiestaware etc. So it may carry the name, but it is not any much better than others,  it all depends if the factory fired it correctly. I take care of them all the same, some last for years and won't die, others just a couple of years. Truth be told, I have one stoneware piece from the Blue Jean Chef, and it's the best so far, cleans easily and has held up for years.

@Nomore I don't mean to take this thread off topic but I have a set of plates from her "flameproof" line and it is indestructible.  You can use it on I believe pretty much anything except induction.  I have used it on an electric burner and also use it in my toaster oven and air fryer.  They are so versatile and also clean up beautifully.  I am so sorry QVC chose not to pursue this line as it works in so many different areas including outdoor grills.

Valued Contributor

@KYToby

QVC Item: H209528 Le Creuset Set of 3 Stoneware Serving Platters state they are made in France in the item description...is this an incorrect description, do you know?

One store states "Imported," while another states, "Made in Thailand."

I saw that other stoneware item descriptions stated "Imported" in the QVC description....it would be nice to know WHERE they're imported from...

Honored Contributor

might ask David on his Facebook page

Honored Contributor

If you want very high quality made-in-France baking ware and tableware, there is Apilco and Pillivuyt that Williams-Sonoma among others sells.  It is expensive but goes on sale often.  THe baking dishes and plates we have had many years.

The difference in addition to being made in France is that these pieces are porcelain rather than stoneware.  Porcelain is made of different clays and is higher fired and much more durable than ironstone.

Emile Henry also is made in France and is rated up to very high temps.  The bakeware is beautiful, simple and is ceramic.