Valued Contributor

Kitchenaid Shredding attachment

How many things would You use it for?

Monke~

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Shredding attachment

I have one.  It's been in the basement collecting dust for about 30 years.

it's easier to just use the disk on my food processor.  Getting that thing out of the box, putting it together, attaching it, then taking it apart to wash it and being sure it is 100% dry before putting away is too much trouble for me.

If you shred a lot and don't have a processor, it could be handy.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much Carmie!  I have the KA foodprocessor and every other gadget you can think of.

I'm a kitchen junkie...LOL, so you Saved Me.  LOL!

Monke~

Honored Contributor

I LOVE my KA food processor.  I use it almost everyday for something.

Honored Contributor

I've found that I'm pretty fast with my trusty Wustof chef's knife, much faster than hunting down the right blade for the food processor.  I do have a shredding attachment for KA but I've never used it.  I have resorted to this mandoline thingy if I feel like playing around, at least I don't have to plan out the process.  Not good at process.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I LOVE my KA food processor.  I use it almost everyday for something.

I have 2 of them, the big one with all the different cutters, and the small one with 2 size bowls and I use them both a lot.

Honored Contributor

I bought the set last year and returned it.  Good thing it was from Macy's so it cost me zero to return it.  Decided to get a food processor instead which I did buy from QVC.  Don't use it a lot, but glad to have it.  I never buy pre-shredded cheese.  Also, I slice some veggies to make soups, etc.   One of my favorite items though is my electric zoodle maker by Wolfgang.  

Honored Contributor

I finally bit the bullet a few years ago and bought myself a new Kitchenaid mixer with all the attachments. What a mistake. Previously, I had still been using my 40 year old Oster kitchen center that I loved. I loved the shredder on my Oster. I really despise everything about Kitchenaid! I hate the shredder! I want my Oster back. Woman SadWoman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have it and use it alot- for veggies and cheeses.  I find it much easier than hand cutting or dragging out my food processor--not as many parts to wash.

Honored Contributor

I would rather use one of my big sharp Asian knives than use any appliance for shredding MOST things.